Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying to increase my strength

pistons4life

[FONT=&quot]My problem is this: I have a real hard time at increasing my strength. I used to lift with my friend who started at the same weights as me almost, and he went from benching like 150 lbs to 220 lbs after only 2 months of training. I can NOT increase anything in the bench and I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong here? Perhaps it has to do with technique? I am eating good, taking protein shakes etc. I went from like 25 lbs to 50 lbs in bicep curls. Triceps and chest it seems impossible for me to gain some weight there. I'm trying to push myself and eat good and etc so I'm just thinking if it's some sort of technique thing?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cheers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

what is wrong is his parents blessed him with superior genetics

i don't want people to ever compare themselves to other people with fitness. i'm sure you do a lot of other things better than your friend and the truth is you could end up stronger than him in the long run if you stay consistent and he quits the gym.

My problem is this: I have a real hard time at increasing my strength. I used to lift with my friend who started at the same weights as me almost, and he went from benching like 150 lbs to 220 lbs after only 2 months of training. I can NOT increase anything in the bench and I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong here? Perhaps it has to do with technique? I am eating good, taking protein shakes etc. I went from like 25 lbs to 50 lbs in bicep curls. Triceps and chest it seems impossible for me to gain some weight there. I'm trying to push myself and eat good and etc so I'm just thinking if it's some sort of technique thing?

Cheers

No. It's just nature.

You just have to keep pushing yourself in the gym and the kitchen. Practice progressive overload. You cant change your genetics but you can work hard
This is perfect advice all around. You need to accept that we all have different genetics, but if you use progressive overload, the strength gains absolutely will come.

Top Bottom