Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying the Bill Starr 5x5

5spoke

Hey guys i have been trying to work out for a year or so and have not progressed very far. I am going to try Bill Starr's 5x5 routine, I have a friend who has had alot of success from it.
DSC00176.jpg

Thats a picture of me now. Im 6'4" and about 180lbs. I am fairly skinny and I am in need of some muscle gain. Do you thing Starr's routine can do that for me??

5spoke said:
Hey guys i have been trying to work out for a year or so and have not progressed very far. I am going to try Bill Starr's 5x5 routine, I have a friend who has had alot of success from it.
DSC00176.jpg

Thats a picture of me now. Im 6'4" and about 180lbs. I am fairly skinny and I am in need of some muscle gain. Do you thing Starr's routine can do that for me??
yes it can. whats your training history like?

Make sure it's the progras as outlined in the madcow web site.... and START EATING MORE. That is your biggest problem, I guarantee it.

Kabeetz said:
Make sure it's the progras as outlined in the madcow web site.... and START EATING MORE. That is your biggest problem, I guarantee it.

Re-read this post 50 times, it's 100% correct.

If you have been lifting for the past year and are still 180lbs, the problem has nothing to do with your training, it's about your diet. However, Starr's will teach you the basics of progression, and the importance of focusing around big compound lifts, and couple that with eating more and you will grow.

When you begin, start a log on this board for continued help. GL.

what i was trying to get at is that if he's still relatively new to weightlifting he could milk the 3x5 for as long as possible BEFORE hitting the 5x5.

silver_shadow said:
what i was trying to get at is that if he's still relatively new to weightlifting he could milk the 3x5 for as long as possible BEFORE hitting the 5x5.

This is true also... I think he'll have success either way as long as he follows the program correctly and stuffs some food down.

You would have great success with either the 3x5 or 5x5. And reread post #3 a few more times. If you want to get big you will have to eat big while lifting hard.

Here is an example of my daily intake....
Breakfast: Bowl of Oatmeal
Lunch: Salad, some sort of entree, side of some sort(Typical college cafeteria meal)
Afternoon: maybe a snack
DInner: Equivalent of a footlong subway sub and some sort of side.
And then after work outs I eat a 20g protein bar.

What should my daily intake look like?

Top Bottom