Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying the Bill Starr 5x5

anywhere you write some sort or maybe or equivalient of or some sort replace with the following: chicken or steak + brown rice or sweet potato + veggies
Then multiply the amount you eat times 2.5 at each meal
Then make sure the meal right after your workout is your biggest ofthe day...
then make sure in betwen each of those meals you're chugging down some milk or water.

And any time you want some junk food or something to eat right before bed, make it all natural peanut butter with no ingredients other than peanut and salt.

Follow that and you'll be on your way to being a monster.

Im terrible at squats, and when I do them they kill me. Can I do the squats at the end of the work out so im not dead for the other two?

5spoke said:
Im terrible at squats, and when I do them they kill me. Can I do the squats at the end of the work out so im not dead for the other two?

What's wrong with your squats? Is it your form that kills you. If you don't know much about certain lifts then I'd suggest buying the book Starting Strength-- you won't regret it. About 50 pages just on squats alone, how to do the important exercise correctly and so on.

As for switching them for last, I'd say no. There's a reason you do them first, and it's because of the work you put into it. If you're working hard on your other lifts, then you won't have enough gas to do squats. Squats are a really important exercise, the basic builder of core strength, and mass. You could probably do them last on monday's and friday's, but I'd still say no.

You said you've been lifting for a year and have no progress. What are you lifting now? You might have more success in progression starting off with rippetoe's 3x5 before moving onto the intermediate stage. Depends on where you're at though. But if you've just been lifting pretty well for a year and are stuck on your lifts now, then it's time for you to mkae your body adapt to a higher stress to progress, and the intermediate will be right for you at this point.

But the most important thing is to work on your diet. It looks like you're not eating enough. You need more to gain weight, and that means red meats, some fruits and veggies, lots of milk and water, eggs, just anything (not processed). EAT! Only this will help you gain weight and increase the poundages on your lifts.

When I said im bad at squats, that means that I havent been doing them so Im weak at them. Not that my form is off. I can stick to the form but maybe I try to do too much weight, because i feel like my legs and dead after doing the 5th set. My groin area feels almost like its spasming maybe its because after you lift you are still standing on the muscles you worked, and when you work your arms you dont have to do anything after a lift.

Sorry to but in folks but I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how to go about the assistance exercises of bar curls and tricep extensions please? with the help of people on here and other forums I understand the 5x5 system now but how do I go about the 3x8 for the curls and extensions? my 8 rep max for bar curls is about 80lb, maybe a bit more. When do I need to increase poundage? Should I ramp up like the 5x5 system? I need to find out because my internet connection gets cut in a couple of days and I won't be back onlie for a few weeks(hopefully not longer). help will bemost apprecaited. cheers

Hey I just bought some whey protein. When is the best time to use it? right after a work out or right before bed??

5spoke said:
Hey I just bought some whey protein. When is the best time to use it? right after a work out or right before bed??
concentrate on eating mostly whole food. protein powder is alright if you don't overdo it. it's useful when you've either run out of food, or you're in a hurry and don't have time to eat.
to answer the question - have a whey protein shake right after you workout - if i were in your place i'd make that a shake with milk (not water), add peanut butter (or almond/cashew butter) to it. try to have at least a small meal around 1 hr after your shake.

here's something that i found useful back when i was skinny. helped me to get an idea of how to eat.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459839
:chomp: :chomp:

silver_shadow said:
concentrate on eating mostly whole food. protein powder is alright if you don't overdo it. it's useful when you've either run out of food, or you're in a hurry and don't have time to eat.
to answer the question - have a whey protein shake right after you workout - if i were in your place i'd make that a shake with milk (not water), add peanut butter (or almond/cashew butter) to it. try to have at least a small meal around 1 hr after your shake.

here's something that i found useful back when i was skinny. helped me to get an idea of how to eat.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459839
:chomp: :chomp:
thanks dude

Top Bottom