Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is That True That Cardio Burns Fat And Weight Training Burns Glucose?

JUICESEEKER

I did some cardio on an empty stomach today and i was able to run the treadmill for 30 mins. However when i tried to lift some weights, i could not do more than 5 reps and only one set. Which leads me to believe that the theory that cardio uses oxygen and fat for energy, and heavy weight training requires glycogen may be true. Can anybody give me some opinions on this?

For the most part that is correct. The only thing I would correct you on is that weight training, or fast twitch activity primarily uses carbohydrates in general for fuel. And as you said.. slow twitch muscle fibers primarily use oxygen and lipids for fuel, and carbohydrates as a secondary fuel.

you know I had this discussion yesterday, and this guy brought up a point and said running does burn up glycogen....he said running 5 mi, would not burn the fat as well as walking the same dsitance at a good pace...at about 3mhp...so good question!!??? would like to know more myself...I do know that interval training is more effective than just running....meaning run for short bursts and then walk, then run etc...30 sec run....walk 60sec and so on for a period of specified time....interesting.....maybe we could get some more insight to this bro????

Top Bottom