Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tricks of the trade ( WITH CEO AND NEEDTO)

So the answer is?? ha ha ha did it make you bigger

As I said Im trying out a new diet, so I havnt been doing it long but so far yes it seems to be going well. The goal is strength and size gains with minimal bodyfat gain. Im an endomorph and get fat easily.

As I said Im trying out a new diet, so I havnt been doing it long but so far yes it seems to be going well. The goal is strength and size gains with minimal bodyfat gain. Im an endomorph and get fat easily.

Well seeing as i dont get fat easily could i maybe sub some veg/fruit for say sweer potato or even add them on? i think that would be a killer bulk:evil:

If you plan on bringing the carbs up a lot you may not want to do that much fat. The high fat intake was because I was keeping carbs low. The diet is a constant experiment and I tweak it as I go.

I've recently added a lot of egg whites ad milk into my diet. Let's see how that plays out.

Maybe whats more important is ratios rather than x grams of pro/ carb per pound. Like 50% pro 30% carbs 20 % fats to lose weight at 10-14x bodyweight. 40/40/20 to maintain at 15-20x bodyweight. 50/30/20 c/p/f to gain at 25ish%x bodyweight. 205x25=5125 cals.So if your eating like 5000 cals a day at 30% pro thats 375 grams 625 grams carbs for 50% and 111 grams fat for 20%.

Does anyone have a link that calculates how much protein is in chicken, egg whites, milk, meat, etc....?

Off topic I know, but I don't inject in traps anymore, whew, I just didn't like the feeling after a couple months doing it.

Anyway, as far as your question, I always use Fit Day while preparing for a show. You can also go to livestrong's website which has every food I've ever searched for, SPECIFICALLY, which means you can actually type in "Sam's Club Cottage Cheese" and it will give you nutrition facts! :)

Off topic I know, but I don't inject in traps anymore, whew, I just didn't like the feeling after a couple months doing it.

Anyway, as far as your question, I always use Fit Day while preparing for a show. You can also go to livestrong's website which has every food I've ever searched for, SPECIFICALLY, which means you can actually type in "Sam's Club Cottage Cheese" and it will give you nutrition facts! :)

Livestrong is very good, but does it have a protein calculator?

I don't really have a source or website for counting calories or protein, etc. 11 or so years ago I started reading labels, paid attention to portion sizes, found a website that had a very basic list of all kinds of foods with macros, and printed that out. There were like 20 pages of single line, single spaced type. I still have it somewhere! I wrote down everything I ate in a journal. I also wrote down cals, protein, carbs, fats. It was very detailed. I did this every day for about 3 years.

I had goals when I started. I wanted to consume X number of calories, X grams of protein, X grams of fat, X grams of carbs. I was bulking and fighting hyperthyroidism at the time (though I wasn't aware then). When I hit my goal and kept hitting it every day for 2 weeks, I moved the goal up (still wasn't big enough). I got to the point where I was consistently consuming a minimum of 8,000 calories a day.

So after a while I just got to the point where I knew the macro breakdown of my most common foods. I knew how many grams of protein was in anything I ate. I could eyeball a portion size accurately if I had to (if I didn't already know it was a 12 oz. steak or 8 oz of chicken breast, etc.). Several years ago I stopped paying attention to anything but protein for the most part. Everything else to me is filler. I want protein, fats, veggies, and just enough carbs. Non workout days require less carbs, workout days I eat a little more carbs. I just kinda go by "feel" on carbs. Sure, I still plow through a few pizzas or potatoes or whatever, every so often. I'm not on a strict diet!

Anyway, if you count cals/pro/fat/carbs for a while, it becomes second nature and you don't really need fitday or livestrong or whatever at that point. Unless you're prepping for a show. If you've got a show coming up then everything counts.

I don't really have a source or website for counting calories or protein, etc. 11 or so years ago I started reading labels, paid attention to portion sizes, found a website that had a very basic list of all kinds of foods with macros, and printed that out. There were like 20 pages of single line, single spaced type. I still have it somewhere! I wrote down everything I ate in a journal. I also wrote down cals, protein, carbs, fats. It was very detailed. I did this every day for about 3 years.

I had goals when I started. I wanted to consume X number of calories, X grams of protein, X grams of fat, X grams of carbs. I was bulking and fighting hyperthyroidism at the time (though I wasn't aware then). When I hit my goal and kept hitting it every day for 2 weeks, I moved the goal up (still wasn't big enough). I got to the point where I was consistently consuming a minimum of 8,000 calories a day.

So after a while I just got to the point where I knew the macro breakdown of my most common foods. I knew how many grams of protein was in anything I ate. I could eyeball a portion size accurately if I had to (if I didn't already know it was a 12 oz. steak or 8 oz of chicken breast, etc.). Several years ago I stopped paying attention to anything but protein for the most part. Everything else to me is filler. I want protein, fats, veggies, and just enough carbs. Non workout days require less carbs, workout days I eat a little more carbs. I just kinda go by "feel" on carbs. Sure, I still plow through a few pizzas or potatoes or whatever, every so often. I'm not on a strict diet!

Anyway, if you count cals/pro/fat/carbs for a while, it becomes second nature and you don't really need fitday or livestrong or whatever at that point. Unless you're prepping for a show. If you've got a show coming up then everything counts.

Throw me a quik calculation bro:

- 10 eggs whites
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 x 50 gram protein shake
- medium portion veggies
- medium portion brown rice
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter

How much protein do you think is in this? I need to see how much I need to add.

Top Bottom