Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tricking the muscle

flalingbacks

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]ihave been watching some rich piana vids and he always talks aboutsurprising the muscles and changing things up to keep the bodyguessing. i was wondering if this was true. i tried it and keepgetting sore so i must do something right? [/FONT]

doing the same workout every time is going to create a lot of weaknesses in the body while making those particular lifts easier only

the reason you get sore when changing your workout is simply because your body is responding to the change, a shock. in that respect piana is correct. now is it better? depends on your goal. if you are a strength athlete in a particular field you want to focus on those lifts obviously and work around them. for most of us though a split routine with variations of lifts is gonna be the best IMO

I try to switch up my routine every 6 weeks or so. Not only to work the muscles differently but also to keep things interesting.

I don’t think I’ve ever done the same workout!

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

It's more about continuously pushing your body to do more work with either more weight, reps, or sets than anything. Increasing total workload. This is called progressive overload. It really has no bearing on "changing things up or switching exercises". If you stall out on exercises that's when youd switch to a new one for a while etc

Top Bottom