Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tricep pushdown form

jersonguess

Hi guys, I'm not very familiar with this movement , I would like a short routine guide about it to develop my triceps, my arms look nice and big but that part
in particular didn't develop as expected, thank you.

These are my favorite tricep moves.
Skullcrushers with the ez bar. Then on the cable machine I do push downs, overhead extension, and kickbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key with pushdowns is to make sure your elbows stay locked in place during the movement. If your elbows are moving, you are pressing the weight and your chest and shoulders will take over the movement.

Your elbows are a hinge. They should stay in place while your forearm moves up and down.

Tricep-Pushdown.jpg

The key with pushdowns is to make sure your elbows stay locked in place during the movement. If your elbows are moving, you are pressing the weight and your chest and shoulders will take over the movement.

Your elbows are a hinge. They should stay in place while your forearm moves up and down.

Tricep-Pushdown.jpg

That is the key point to any triceps workout - your elbows should not move around if you want to get good results, and isolate the movement.

A very simple program, specific for triceps, would be pre-ex by over head rope tricep extensions. Then push or pressdowns. Finally close grip bench. A REAL simple one would be lying skull crushers (google) and then (the moment you can't do a rep) move the bar into the close grip bench groove and keep blasting.

Top Bottom