Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tri-sets, giant sets, forced reps questions

SteelWeaver

Does anyone here know exactly what the difference in mass-building effect is between regular sets with rest in between them, and tri- or giant sets? Are they a viable option for increasing intensity in a workout?

I've always thought that intensity is defined by the weight you lift - the heavier, the more intense. But I did tri-sets for chest and bis on Mon and for quads and shoulders on Tues, and I don't have any other word to describe those workouts except - INTENSE, even though I had to lower the weights as the set went on. Technically, it's one very high-rep set, right?

And MY, what a pump! But that doesn't really mean anything, does it?

What's the rationale for using tri-sets or giant sets? What if I throw them into alternate workouts for each bodypart?

Question 2
What's the difference between forced reps and negatives?

Plz help.

:devil:
They are good to shock the muscle every so often however this practice can quickly lead to overtraining! The answer to your second question is forced reps are assisted reps after reaching failure. Negatives are done by woking the muscle in the reverse fashion for example the downward movement of a bicep curl.

Last edited:
yes ,good for a shock.try to stick with basic compound moves and gradually increase the weight.it's a nother form of variety and variety is good.......keep the body from getting bored..

Exactly what the mann and Satan said, they are another option to help stimulate muscle fibres but can quickly lead to overtraining if used too much. Myself, I use a drop set for the last set of last exercise, to make sure I've gone to failure and beyond, so at most one or two total per workout, and only during mass training.

Remember that you can't work a muscle well if there isn't sufficient energy to contract (ATP) and lactic acid build up. You need time to rebuild ATP levels and to dissipate lactic acid. This is why most of your training should provide for at least a couple of minutes (just a guideline) between sets.

Top Bottom