Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

treadmill running vs. road running

cman

Is doing one or the other more beneficial? Would running treadmill be the equivalent of running on the road. Also, if one were preparing for a running event, would treadmill work be of any use for training for the event?

well a couple things to consider,treadmill is more convinant.when we were strictly doing the treadmill,we got a surprise when we did the road work and got tired fast as hell.in my opinion the road work is harder,but won't make or break you if you only did treadmill.it's not like you won't lose fat.any cardio that gets your heart rat up is good for you....hope that helps.................:angel:

Yup, getting your heartrate up is the primary goal, so it doesn't make a huge difference. A couple other considerations:

1) When you run on a treadmill, you're not propelling yourself like you would be on the street. Since "the ground is moving for you," you're not working as hard. That's why you notice such a difference going from one to the other.

2) Treadmills are much easier on your knees than street running as they do provide a certain amount of impact absorbtion.

I prefer the treadmill. I do 55 minutes everyday. I run 3 minutes and walk for 2. It's easier to keep a quick walking pace when on the treadmill. When on the road my walking pace was much slower.

running outdoors is better for you mentally because you feel like you are always seeing new scenery-treadmill is boring for that reason-but they are similar in terms of benefit

The thing is I have a running event in under a month. I recently tried treadmill running for the first time and I worked up a really good sweat, a way better sweat than a track run of the same distance. But i am not really interested in the sweating aspect, rather how beneficial it would be to me to incorporate the treadmill running in place of regular running on occassion in preparation for my event?

This is just a guess, but I would think you'd want to stick to whatever surface your event is in. I think the treadmill will just throw you off.

running.

menatlly , spiritually, physique, etc.

I am a guy who has done those mechanized stairs in the gym for 3 months straaight. edurance levelled out, and results were slow at best.
I started running 3 weeks ago, and I will never look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem with treadmills is they partially eliminate hamstings and glutes. These are the pulling part of your stride and are unused on a treadmill where you don't have to pull against the ground. If you are training for a running event then don't get on the treadmill. For cardio either is fine but actual running is more beneficial to the body.

Top Bottom