Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training when sore?

legs7

Do you guys push through the pain barrier sometimes just to go ahead with a workout or is that counter productive? I have been feeling really sore in my upper back and neck and think taking the day off would be beneficial but also missing a workout could be a negative. What do you guys think?

the reason for rest days is to give your body a chance to rest and repair itself

remember pro athletes take days off and have entire offseasons for a reason. you gotta heal the body.

as you get older you start understanding this.. when you are young you can pound away and get away with it.

look into DELOADING as well, and look into fasting

Listen to your body make sure you recover because you will only be putting yourself at a disadvantage and increase chances of injury!

Never push through pain. Until you really understand your body, it can be difficult to distinguish between soreness and a minor injury. You never want to risk a serious injury. I promise that you will not lose all your gains if you take a day or even a week off the gym.

the reason for rest days is to give your body a chance to rest and repair itself

remember pro athletes take days off and have entire offseasons for a reason. you gotta heal the body.

as you get older you start understanding this.. when you are young you can pound away and get away with it.

look into DELOADING as well, and look into fasting

As I recall both Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler, among others (Dexter Jackson??) would have as much as three months off EVERYTHING after an Olympia.

Listen to your body man. Remember that when you are in the gym, you are actually BREAKING your muscle down. It's only when you rest and recover do your muscles actually repair and rebuild.

I HATE taking days off. I love love love to train but I always am glad when I take a day off. I feel so much better the next day in the gym.

Top Bottom