Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training when feeling like shit

Jeliuff

I wanted to ask you guys if you always train when youare in perfect conditions, or still workout when you have a headacheor feel like really exhausted? Sometimes I have really bad headaches,so it is hard for me to motivate myself to train, and I don't know ifI should force myself, or not. Also, there are nights when I have towork a lot, and the next day I feel broke, so it is also hard to getmotivated for training – should I force myself?

feeling like shit is okay to workout man. but headaches are a tough one.

you really need to isolate why you are getting headaches, ironically headaches are commonly caused by high bp and stress. which exercise helps alleviate.. so it really is a domino effect

If it is just some tiredness or not feeling like it - then it is best to force yourself and go to train. This might, in fact, get you woken up and going.

However, if we are talking about you having a flu or food poisoning, then you would be much better off being at home. First of all, it is not correct to go the gym and contaminate others with a flu. Secondly, your body struggles when you are sick, and by training you are not making things easier. Besides, training won't be effective when you are that sick, so you will only get tired without proper results.

Headaches can also be caused by dehydration and or low blood sugar.

I'm with Lev - some of my best sessions have been preceded by feeling like sh*t. It's like my body held something back and saved it for the workout.

So if I understand you correctly, if I just feel like not doing anything or bad, it is ok to train, and I should not train only if there is sickness - right?

So if I understand you correctly, if I just feel like not doing anything or bad, it is ok to train, and I should not train only if there is sickness - right?

Correct - but if you feel really bad and have low energy all the time, that's not normal.

If you are constantly struggling with low energy, I would book an appointment with your doctor and get a full blood panel done. You might have a thyroid issue.

Muskate is asking the right kind of question. There's a difference between being ill (so really feeling like shit), feeling tired or just not feeling like going to the gym.

Heck, baring in mind my day jobs not that hard or even that long I too can feel like 'fuck it' for the first 2 hours after work. But coffee and my feet up and the thought of training starts to tickle my brain. Now I'm lucky most of my training is in the morning and I get to bed early but my evening session is after work.

It sounds to me that you're not having enough sleep and that's a really big problem. If you don't sleep right neither you can function properly nor train with decent intensity... But talking about motivation you have to realize that you won't always feel motivated and for those days you have to rely on discipline.

When I am sick I will take the few days off to get better. If I am just tired or don't feel great overall I will still train. A bad headache would probably keep me out but I don't get them often.

Top Bottom