Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training westside solo

T

t3c

anyone train westside by themselves?

I hate on ME bench days...its hard to get the bar off the J hooks in my powerrack once the weight gets up there. I was thinking how cool a lifting partner would be

Two Words....POWER RACK

I trained Westside by myself for a couple of years. Believe me it is no fun...but it can be done. Even figured out how to balance the boards on my chest for board presses....

Don't let the lack of a partner miss out on this type of training, but having said that...find a partner. Makes it so much better...

lol thats another thing....

the boards!

wanna hear a secret? Sure you do

I sometimes duct tape the boards to my chest. haha, seriously...on 4 board presses i duct tape. 2 board is easy to balance, no need for tape

My boards are duck taped together at the moment. I've never used anything but. I also duck tape them to my chest...AND train alone.

Anything is possible...YOU must overcome.

B True

I dont have a training partner that lifts Westside style with me but I do have people around me that will spot me. I can balance the boards perfectly on my chest so I dont really need anyone to help with that(except 4 or 5 board) but I do have someone there to give me lift offs and help me if I cant get the weight.

Duct Tape....is there anything it can't do??!

:lmao:

I always use a mini-band to secure my boards to me...I just wrap them around me and put the boards under...Works great...Now I even use it with workout partners because the boards always stay exactly where I want them...

I/ve been training westside ALL ALONE as well
I take the boards and tuck them between my t-shirt and a sweatshirt, yea it gets HOT but it works for me

Good ideas B fold,JDarty6173 and k1401.I train at home most of the time.I have my wife to spot me or hold the boards sometimes.

Hannibal said:
Duct Tape....is there anything it can't do??!

:lmao:

Everytime I do sumos I wrap duct tape around both my shins so I don't get too much blood on the bar(have to respect my training partners). Hurts like fuk when the workout ends and it has to come off. The things I'll do for deads. :D

t3c- when do you do ME bench?? We train it on Sunday at my house if you had some way to make it out here. Let me know if want to make a trip and hit up some ME bench.

Top Bottom