Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training traps while on 5x5

it stars sAddam

What is the recommended style of training for traps when doing the 5x5 routine? I usually just throw in 4x10 dumbbell shrugs on back day, but Im thinking of incorporating behind the back barbell shrugs. Any comments?

I haven't done shruggs in like 5 years and my traps have not even noticed. If you are busting your ass on your deadlifts and holding your last rep on each set for like 5 seconds then your traps will be shredded anyway.

In my gym I notice that the only people I see doing shruggs are the "not huge" guys who walk around with thier lats spread. You know they type.

Now I'm not saying that shruggs are a waste of time. Done correctly with the proper weight they are probably the best excercise for the traps but in my case my traps grow well from deadlifts alone.

To address you question, if I were you and wanted to throw shruggs in I would do them on back day as the last exercise and I would try to keep my shoulder day as far from back day as possible without getting too close to chest day.

Top Bottom