Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training thoughts on mountain climbing

oubeta

I will be climbing Mt. Mckinley in July and wanted to get a few trainging ideas. I've been just doing general things to get in shape for the past 4 months like running with a heavy pack a few miles a day. I'm in great shape I just need to target specific areas now. Any ideas?

Wow man, that's awesome. It's a very treacherous deal, that's for sure. I have never done it but know people who have. Try running with straws in your nose. j/k. That will be close to what it will be like at the higher altitudes. That and the fact the high position on the globe will make it even worse. But, you probably already know all this by now.

If you have any hills nearby, then definitely use those to your advantage.

Also, have you ever done any mountaineering before? Do you know how to ice climb and arrest if you start sliding? Make belays, rope work, etc.?

Just some thoughts.

I'm going climbing at an indoor gym for the first time on Tuesday. Look for one near you, it would give you excellent practice in climbing (if the gym is decent).

Top Bottom