Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TRAINING - and sitting in an office all day...

JKurz1

Banned
Very relevant to this board.........do any of you sit in an office all day? I'm behind the desk for 90% of the day and wondering if its effecting my training...I def. train more intense on the weekends, so there has got to be a correlation.....plus, my lower back has been giving me FITS.....thoughts?

Yep - desk job too.

Great for bulking as low calorie expenditure.. but can be soul-less at times and sucks when you're trying to cut.

I now lift before work. I find this helps, as previously after 8-9 hours sitting on my ass, I often lacked the motivation to give 100% like I do first thing in the morning. Not for everyone though.

In the office most of the day. Fortunately i get to climb a few stairs going upstairs (only 1 flight though) to see other coworkers.

JKurz,

I also am in the same boat as you.

I have recently gone to sitting on an excersise ball at work. After a few hours it's quite a workout!

The biggest issue here is getting past your idiot co-workers/buddies who harrass you about it, and all the dumb jokes that go on for the first couple of weeks.

It does make a difference and increases your core-strength which will help you with your lifts alot as you'll start to recruit your core muscle groups to acheive your heavy lifts.

I've actually been flat benching off the ball now for a few months and I feel I could easilly...easilly lift alot more off the static fixed bench now than I ever could before. Try balancing 260+ lbs over your face/chest while you're balancing the rest of your body with a ball between your shoulders....!!!!!!! Then go load up 350 lbs on the regular bench.

I would feel very, very, very nervous if I did that anywhere but a safety cage!

Going on about the ball more, and likely to a tiresome degree, when I get harrassed or laughed at for using the ball to bench (or other stuff), I just pick some medium wieght dumbell or plates and offer the person to try it (smartass!). It's quite funny cause they realize immediately "HOLY SHIT! I can barely hang on to this shittly little dumbell/barbell". Then of course I add my usual weight back to the bar, or grab my usual dumbell and after that, no harassment, just respect...LOL!

Griz1 said:
JKurz,

I also am in the same boat as you.

I have recently gone to sitting on an excersise ball at work. After a few hours it's quite a workout!

The biggest issue here is getting past your idiot co-workers/buddies who harrass you about it, and all the dumb jokes that go on for the first couple of weeks.

It does make a difference and increases your core-strength which will help you with your lifts alot as you'll start to recruit your core muscle groups to acheive your heavy lifts.

I've actually been flat benching off the ball now for a few months and I feel I could easilly...easilly lift alot more off the static fixed bench now than I ever could before. Try balancing 260+ lbs over your face/chest while you're balancing the rest of your body with a ball between your shoulders....!!!!!!! Then go load up 350 lbs on the regular bench.

I would feel very, very, very nervous if I did that anywhere but a safety cage!

Going on about the ball more, and likely to a tiresome degree, when I get harrassed or laughed at for using the ball to bench (or other stuff), I just pick some medium wieght dumbell or plates and offer the person to try it (smartass!). It's quite funny cause they realize immediately "HOLY SHIT! I can barely hang on to this shittly little dumbell/barbell". Then of course I add my usual weight back to the bar, or grab my usual dumbell and after that, no harassment, just respect...LOL!

Not a flame bro.....so don't take it that way, but I have way too much pride to sit on a ball in the gym not to mention in my accounting and law practice.....laughing wouldn't be the half of it......showing my face again the next day would be rough.......wouldnt be caught dead on the fat ball, but I'm very impressed that it's working for you....you are def. more of a man than I......keep it up, the torture is obviously over......got to ask you.....what kind of work are youi doing in the office?

It can make cutting more difficult, but a job that requires no energy expenditure is excellent for gaining size. Outside of the gym, I personally try to sit on my ass and rest as much as possible.

Top Bottom