Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training for punches

Lyonnel Kerloch

what type of weight exercise would you recommend for an MMA fighter looking to increase strength and power on his punches, I had an injury
that kept me out of octagon for months and I lost lots of power on my punch.

It's worth adding that, like most injuries, you'll get a lot of what you had before once you've made a full recovery. Ensure you do all the rehab you can. As resistance bands vary in strength you can slowly build back to where you were.

If you have access to a multi-angle cable crossover type machine this will do a lot of good too. Finally, as with a lot of boxers / MMA types, sparring of all types with much heavier gloves than you fight with will help

Do bench presses, dumbell bench preses, push ups etc. but focus on doing them explosively. That will help develop explosive strength needed for boxing.

Doing unilateral movements like one armed push ups, alternating dumbbell bench press etc. would also be great. It'll develop core strength and help with stabilizer muscles.

Top Bottom