Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training for Power Same muscle weight more water weight...

SgtSlaughter

Discuss...

Why is it easier to move more weight when weighing more (bloat and water weight) when one's muscle mass has not changed?

- I've read a few topics on it before but couldn't find them during a search.

Simple Physics
Newtons Third Law
"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

Although these are just numbers I've tossed out, they should explain it:

In other words you weight 200 lbs and are lifting 225 lbs with ~225 lbs of force as you press up, the weight presses back for ~225 lbs of force. You are on a bench which pushes that back up at you so on and so forth.

Now increase your weight to 210 lbs from some good old salt and water (water weight/retention) and suddenly 225 lbs you push against the weight being pushed back at you is working against a larger object(you) so the downward force is less effective and thus your upward force is relatively more effective.

Imagine even in Space where Newtons laws really are perfect.
No gravity. You can easily push another person your size away from you, but you go backward with just as much force as they go backwards. Now push someone half your size away and you go back half as much as they do. Now imagine out in space, still no gravity and you are outside the space shuttle and push the shuttle. Gravity is not preventing you from moving it and your force will indead move it a few micrometers, but for the most part you will go flying backward.
Now drink enough water to make you bigger than the space shuttle. Same muscle mass though and suddenly the space shuttle moves just as far as you do ;-)

SIMPLE PHYSICS

BTW, there are OTHER factors that come with having more water in your body, but they are not as significant as the phsyics side of it

cyrex said:
BTW, there are OTHER factors that come with having more water in your body, but they are not as significant as the phsyics side of it
:D Glad to have you back bro!

:beer:

Great explaination!

... I have a feeling i'm going to have to summon up alot of adrenaline tonight :evil:

so let's imagine 2 identical guys ... same training experience, same height, same weight, age, blood test equal, same training routine, same diet etc... the most identical twins you can get. so let's say they are both at 220lbs at 10% BF. lets say that for the 1st time they diverge - now twin 1 manages to gain 20 lbs with 15 of it being pure muscle. twin 2 gains 20 lbs too but he gains only a lb of pure muscle the rest being entirely bloat... now who will be able to move more weight per the simple physics argument... oops that's pretty tricky and i haven't a clue which way it would go ;)

Well assuming the 'gained muscle' is spread out equally among all major muscle areas, probably the one that gained 20 lbs of muscle, however comparing two people is an entirely different story as there are many confounds that come into play as far as mental drive, environment etc.
even twins won't be identical at that age ever because it will be impossible for them to have had the exact same experiences and been in the same environments all their lives except for siamese, but lets not get into that.

IDK on that one, but that statement is OFF TOPIC go to a new thread. I own this one now!

cyrex said:
IDK on that one, but that statement is OFF TOPIC go to a new thread. I own this one now!
:lmao:

I created it, I can have it destroyed :evil:

However, the inquiry is on topic in the sense that it's regarding water :p

Top Bottom