Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Pecs and Front Delts same day

Jan

Yesterday I tried to train pecs and front delts during one training.

Pecs was ok, but when I trained delts, I used on Multipress about 40% less weights (from 115 kg to 75 kg) than I was used to in normal training of delts alone.

Is this less weight enough to make delts grow? I have never tried train these two muscles together. Rear delts I will train together with my back.

------------------
Jan

True hardcore documents:

Sustanon cycling

How to make a cycle by yourself

I always make sure to space delts and chest many days apart because every time you do chest it is like you are doing front delts.

When you're training your pecs (eg. bench press), you use your front delts too...this exhausts them. Although a fatigued muscle is more easily torn during excentric movements (lowering the weights with control) which promotes hypertrophy.
Mods and vets correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, training a muscle effectively depends on the ratio of fibres you can train within the muscle (when doing 6 reps at 80% of your max means you re training a greater amount of fibres than when your doing 6 reps at 50 % of your max )

YOur delts are exhausted and you re not training them as effectively as you could. you've depleted their glycogen stores too...

hope this helps

I alternate : some weeks I do Tri-bi and leg same day and other weeks I space them out.
I never train my pecs and front delts in the same 3 day period, though.

I've had really good results as far as getting enough rest in between bodyparts with this split.

Monday:
Chest and Biceps

Tuesday:
Legs

Wednesday:
rest

Thursday:
Delts and Triceps

Friday:
Back

Good luck bro, and if you give my split a try I think that you'll really like it.

------------------
I don't want to be big or strong...I want to be bigger and stronger than I was yesterday.

Originally posted by Jan:
I know the theory, it is same like training biceps after your back, biceps will be also tired.

I would like to know if somebody trains this split like I try now.

biceps + triceps, abs
pecs + front delts
back, rear delts, trap.
legs, calves

That's what I started doing a month ago and it's working great.

------------------
ca-flag1.gif

The land where posession is legal!

The splits mentioned so far have all been traingn each body part once a week. Although your muscles need this kind of gap between traingin to recover completely, I've found more dramatic results by occaisionally overtraining. For the past couple of months I've been training each body part three times a week, for three consectutive weeks, and then taking a week off - to fully recover. I've gained a good 6 pounds whilst 'off', which for me is very good. I think overtraining like this would be even more powereful whilst on - extra protein synthesis. If you haven't, maybe give it a try, give your muscles something to think about.

Yes, for this purpose I have one excellent article from Internet, but really do not remember author or source.

Here it is:

Acute Overtraining
Every competitive bodybuilder knows about that massive growth period that follows a competition. In fact many bodybuilders compete annually just for the gains that come afterward. Coming down you may be a certain weight at a certain condition say 2101b at a six percent bodyweight. Yet after the show you hit 2101b in much better condition. The difference is rock solid tissue.
Why?
There are alt sorts of theories floating around but the most logical answer is that the body is compensating for the stress placed on it during the latter stages of the diet. What is meant by this is what physiologists refer to as the adaptive response. The old adage. Place a ten horse power load on a nine horse power body and you get a ten horse power body. The pre-contest diet if worked to the limit is a massive overload. It stretches your physical and mental resolve to the absolute limit. The masters of this are people like John Hodgson, who take it beyond the capacity of normal human endurance and achieve unreasonable levels of condition. Yet this massive effort has its rewards. Apart from the trophy on the mantelpiece it is a fact the harder the preparation the greater the mass rebound afterwards.
The question that comes to mind is what about overtraining at these times. If that is the case, why do we grow?
The answer lies in the fact that the growth does not occur during the over training period as we run down into a show but afterward. What happens after the show? Rest, tots of food, little or no training. The truth is the body is not growing when it is training , but when it’s resting. Train as hard as you like as long as you give yourself adequate time to get over it. I suggest that there is no such thing as overtraining what we are realty looking at is under recovering. The contest phase is a clear example. Bodybuilders do hundreds of sets, thousands of hours of aerobics, low food, less sleep, they bombard their bodies with alt sorts of toxic compounds, dehydrate, carb deplete and load. Yet despite all this, the body grows like it is going out of fashion as soon as it gets adequate rest. This makes a mockery of the current views on overtraining is the key to maximum results. To be fair I got this idea from Tom Platz. Tom is known for eye popping blood and guts workouts. He is also known for freaky mass. The two go hand in hand. He who trains the hardest will ultimately be the biggest. I accept that bodybuilding is not just about size but given the same symmetry and condition then the bigger the better As the saying goes "Jockeys should ride horses, bodybuilders should crack the pavement when they walk."
The next step is to bring this concept into everyday training. It would be impracticable to compete every month and that would not work for obvious reasons. The key is to simulate in mini cycles the events that surround a competition.
Recently I tried a method where I trained all out for three weeks. Peat Batts to the wall stuff. By the end of it I could hardly stand. I didn’t want to get out of bed let atone train. I hit each body part three times a week on a two way split. Each workout I pushed the weights or reps up and maintained this progress for three weeks, which was nine full workouts. Everything ached. My morning pulse was up, I had a tow level headache and a loss of appetite. All the classic symptoms of acute overtraining. Admittedly this state only came in the last week.
I then eased off dropped down three gears back to my eight day cycle. Hitting each body part once every eight days. For the first week I did just one set per body part using the maximum weights I had achieved during the last three weeks. I hammered the nutrition and got ten hours sleep a night. The second week was pretty much the same although I climbed to two sets which is my normal heavy duty system. By the end of the second week my enthusiasm was back and my overall weight was up two pounds from before the cycle. I was looking full again and my appetite was one hundred percent. The third week I kept it down at two or three sets per body part I did some forced reps and negatives in my usual style. I gained another pound. I was up three lean pounds in six weeks and feeling on top of the world.
It had worked, I had driven my body into acute overtraining and then pulled back to allow it to adapt to the workload. I had gained three pounds of muscle and my weights were up an average of 12% across the board.
I now realise that overtraining is not the enemy, it is an ally. A weapon in the war against being small and weak. When it comes to genetics I am no Dorian Yates and must work with what I have. My answer is to constantly strive for new and better ways to pile on the mass in the right places. In the end I will have made myself the best I can be and that is the essence of bodybuilding.
This is an advanced training technique for those in rut. Putting it to work in the everyday sense comes from cycling. As we said a two week hard one week easy works well for almost everyone, however some individuals (usually those less able to train all out) can go on another week before overtraining sets in.

Top Bottom