Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training myths or facts?

A

Advaik

I have come across alot of advice and I would like to know if they are myth or fact

1. Stretching in between sets will rip more muscle fibers thus making you gain more muscle mass.

2. Thinking about growing muscles while lifting equals better results because muscle growth is 80% psychological.

3. Eggs are heart killers.

4. Over holding a muscle when lifting can completely rip it leading to serious injuries.

5. Drinking half gallon of skin mulk a day will cause teenagers to grow rapid muscle mass.

6. It is good to have alot of body fat when beggining to work out for the first time as the muscles will use the fat to grow quicker.

7. Smooth muscles are obtainted by lifting slowly with less weight while ripped muscles grow by lifting quick with more weight. (I want to be smoothed muscle, I really don't like all my viens popping out and stuff)

Thank you for any replys!

** Update

You know how you hold a muscle and flex it for a few seconds before you finish the rep? What if you overhold it, could it rip your muscle? I have had times where I flex my muscle to where it started to spasm, but I keep hearing that if you hold it for a few seconds you will gain more muscle. And yeah I meant skim milk, I don't know where I got skin mulk from, sounds disgusting :D.

As for smooth and ripped - I know smooth muscle is whats in your digestive system but its also the term Discovery Channel used to describe body builders who where not ripped but had an overall smooth apparance to their muscle. If this is acheived by bodyfat then I guess I can rule out ever being smooth, anything I eat goes straight to my stomach and upper legs.

Last edited:
tripleV said:
fake fake fake fake fake fake !
really?
yup

some of the points are pretty close to facts.

1) Stretching
Some people beleive that by stretching a muscle you can grow bigger muscle because it is longer and has more potential for growth. Think about it, to build a house you need to make a base for the house to stand in. Big and wide base can equal to big and wide house, small base can equal to small house. Same with muscles, bigger the priginal muscle, the bigger potential for growth (more fibers, or bigger fibers)

2) 'bout milk

Actually milk contains LOTS of protein and calcium. Protein is very important for muscle growth. Calcium makes you bones stronger... Many teenagers have crappy diet, so extra protein can only boost their muscle mass increase.

rd) Bodyfat. Actually having lots of bodyfat can be quite beneficial for muscle SIZE gains. More insulation and you have more protection against injuries. For one reaqson or another, you can lift more while having more bodyfat and thus MORE MUSCLE. Also if you are heavy then you have bigger chance of having bigger muscles on your legs, because they carry more weight on themselves!

The other points are probably fake ...

Heres another I just remembered

8. Chewing foods really well will help cause proteins, carbs, etc to be absorbed quicker

1. Stretching in between sets will rip more muscle fibers thus making you gain more muscle mass.

I think that stretching can really help with recovery at least with me and it also really helps me out with my pump.. for example in between sets of biceps sets if I really stretch out my bis all the way I achieve an unbelievable pump. Thats just my opinion though.

2. Thinking about growing muscles while lifting equals better results because muscle growth is 80% psychological
NO WAY!!! I dont agree with that at all... I believe that focus is really important during a workout but thinking about your muscle growing is just an old wives tale in my opinion.

NO WAY!! I dont believe that. Eating a shitload of egg yolks can really help raise cholesterol I do believe that but I dont think that it in turn destroys your heart.

4. Over holding a muscle when lifting can completely rip it leading to serious injuries.

Over holding?? I lost you bro.

5. Drinking half gallon of skin mulk a day will cause teenagers to grow rapid muscle mass.

"SKIN MULK?" Skim milk... No way.. proper nutrition along with proper training along with proper recuperation will lead to muscle mass increases.

6. It is good to have alot of body fat when beggining to work out for the first time as the muscles will use the fat to grow quicker.

It is NEVER good to have a lot of bodyfat I dont think. You need some for proper functioning for example its really unhealthy for bodybuilders to maintain the % of bodyfat that they acheive for competetion.

7. Smooth muscles are obtainted by lifting slowly with less weight while ripped muscles grow by lifting quick with more weight. (I want to be smoothed muscle, I really don't like all my viens popping out and stuff)

I dont know what the hell thats all about.. lifting speed can vary depending on your training goals I think.. Smooth and ripped muscle dont make too much sense to me with regards to training speed.

I dont know bro just my opinion.
:D:D

Advaik said:
I have come across alot of advice and I would like to know if they are myth or fact

2. Thinking about growing muscles while lifting equals better results because muscle growth is 80% psychological.

Thank you for any replys!

1. no
2. no
3. no, if in moderation
4. what? what is overholding?
5. milk, half gallon a day. the increase in cals and protein COULD help with their already anabolic state.
6. no
7. no, rep speed does not have anything to do with muscle appearance, bodyfat percentage does. ps....smooth muscle, as you call it, is involuntary muscle. ie. things that line your intestines to keep the shit moving. if you want to look "smooth" then stay fat.

Myth.

Myth.

Myth.

Assuming "overholding" means overloading, Myth.

Along with fat, if calories are above maintenance.

Myth.

Myth.

You know how you hold a muscle and flex it for a few seconds before you finish the rep? What if you overhold it, could it rip your muscle? I have had times where I flex my muscle to where it started to spasm, but I keep hearing that if you hold it for a few seconds you will gain more muscle.

Myth.

If this is acheived by bodyfat then I guess I can rule out ever being smooth, anything I eat goes straight to my stomach and upper legs.

If you know what you're doing, Myth.

** Myth - sort of. Streching is a good thing, but in between sets isn't, necessarily. Also, riping fiberes by stretching is NOT the purpose

** HA! Myth

** Myth

** I don't understand what over holding means

** Woudn't hurt.

** Myth

** Myth

Wow.

You sure are an angry little fella.

If this is the kind of behavior the mods here tolerate, I won't waste my time, OK?

Top Bottom