Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

which training method while on do you prefer?

H

HappyScrappy

do you do high intensity or high volume.
to differentiate, the high intensity would be more weight, but low reps. so if you did 4 sets, like maybe 135X10, 225X8, 275X6 300X4 (whatever, I'm just making these numbers up), then your total weight lifted over those sets is 6000lbs.
but if you were to do low intensity but high volume, you would just stay at 135, but raise the number of reps. so
135X10,135X20,135X30,135X40 for a total weight lifted at more than twice the other.

obviously with higher reps you have more wear and tear on the joints, but it is at a lower poundage. you don't get the tendon strengthening as much either.

each of these techniques have their place - but while on/off gear, which do you prefer or see the best results with, and is there any scientific reason to back it up?

enquiring minds want to know.

i do with high intensity allways to the failure. I train Heavy Duty style, 2-4 heavy sets and i train 3 times per week and mu workouts are allways less than hour. Thats works fine with me. And besides i cant train more than 3 times oer week because i do shift work.

You can train long or hard, but you cant train long and hard.

I've read in the past that while on steroids, the muscle bodies respond better to the volume technique and that while off, you are better off using the intensity technique.
the problem with this results in your muslces getting stronger than the connective tissue and then you get injuries.

I'm just curious if anyone here has personal experience with it.

i go by instinct.. if i feel like going heavy i do, if i feel like going for 30 reps i do.. therefore my training is always different and i almost always am sore from the gym...

On things like squats I am moving more towards volume. With 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 + a last set with 1 plate, instead of what I used to do, 15-20 reps X 2 sets.

I think this is better as I can do more work and yet the poundages are going up. Higher reps and "HIT" got me to an intermediate point, but a more bodybuilder type workout seems to work better for me at this point. Of course I am training for symmetry and looks not pure strength.

Top Bottom