Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training to lose belly fat on kids

allmen23

Hi everyone, my kid is 14 years old and he developed some serious belly fat to the point he can't tie his shoes, I put him on a diet and he lost a few pounds already but that big belly seems not to get any smaller, do you think seat ups are ok for a kid at that age or what other exercises do you recommend for him, thank you.

you can't spot train belly fat away.. so situps are good just to get him exercising but it isn't the way to do it

what you need to do is fix his diet. without knowing what he eats now i cannot help you much at all. also he needs to exercise daily and stop with the video games and computer all day

If the exercises are not extreme, and your kid does not have any particular health conditions, all exercises will be perfectly safe for him. In such a situation you need to be really on top of his diet, and train regularly. If possible - everyday. However, you can not lose fat in one particular area of the body. Therefore, you will have much better results by working out on the bigger muscle groups, as they will eat up more energy, and lead to more fat loss.

Your son needs to loose body fat. You can't spot reduce body fat.

Since your son is only 14, I would register him in sports. It'll teach him that exercise can (and should be) fun and it'll help him make friends and give him a support system.

I would also encourage your so to start cooking and help teach him about food. Encourage him to go grocery shopping with him. Maybe take a cooking course together.

It all comes down to eating less calories than you burn. If progress has stalled then he needs to eat less calories than he is now and increase exercise.

Top Bottom