Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Journal " Quest for Strength"

kingc_79

this was my first workout in a while and first event work since b4 surgery and i feel really weak. gonna be a long road. since its been a while and i got really weak since the surgery i thought a 5 x 5 routine might do good to get my strength back. but i think im gonna use alot of the movements i used on wsb. any suggestions? havent got it layed out yet so i just threw this workout together.

6-15-04

close stance gm's -- 4 x 5 w/185lbs
leg curls w light band -- 3 x 10
calf raises -- 3 x 20 w/ 185lbs
ab pull downs -- 4 x 10 w/ light band
leg raises -- 3 x 10

tire flip -- 4 x 4flips w/650lb tire (didnt even think i'd flip it this much but once i started it felt too good)

picked up the yoke a few times and walked a few feet. yard was pretty muddy and i was wore out. after 12hr shift and this workout i was dead. i can tell i need conditioning bad.

6-16-04

inc bench - 5 x 5 w/135lbs
pin presses(1/2 rom)- 3 x 7 w/185lbs (these were alot harder than i thought they'd be. this was a real reality check today.lol)
face pulls -- 3 x 10 w/light band

it was unreal how heavy that 135 felt but i felt really good after i got finished. they are kinda short right now bc im just startin and i workout right after a 12hr shift so im just gettin used to this....back to school in august. cant wait

Great to see youve started a journal on here!! Youll get sooner then you think. I dont know much about strongman training, Ill let Bfold answer that! The 5x5 was GREAT for getting my chest strength back. I was real discouraged at first, being so weak, but the 5x5 gave me reachable goals every week and kept me progressing to get back. Great progression on the program. I had to add lots of extra volume however to fit my needs. Keep us updated!!

Top Bottom