Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training with injuries...arthritis in shoulder and lower back issues

nygiants

EF Logger
EF VIP
just reaching to see how you guys are dealing with it. Both are killer for me but for back i can treat with ice and wear a belt. gave up squatting.

the shoulder thing is a killer. no surgery available. No cure for arthritis. i can hardly train anymore. 20 years about to go down the drain.

anyone out there dealing with the same?

well....in 1999 at 28 years old (im 42 now) playing softball in a big playoff game i got pissed and threw a weighted bat into a fence....pop.....kept playing since there was a 2nd game and pop again...swung at an outside pitch in a big spot....saw stars and went down for the count......went to doc...xrays neg...no MRI....he felt i had enough range of motion to take some pain meds and rest it....it healed but i was never the same....i couldnt flat bench after this but could incline......so just worked around it for years....started juicing at 30 on and off and off then steady on from 32 to 38.....nice gains but made the mistake of trying to lean out...pull water......winny..masterone...eq.....mission accomplished looked great but pushed the shoulder that was already buggy but not unbearable....always had the crackling in there, minimal range of motion....was able to military press good weight and incline bench good weight....just issues with flat.......one night i slept on the shoulder and woke up from a dead sleep to a nice loud pop......terrible pain......got a cortisone shot...2X.....which in the end probably further weakened it.....eventually got an MRI.......shows severe arthritis......i was told that when i initially did this playing ball that I actually dislocated my shoulder and if anything I should have had corrective surgery then.

so combo of things.....im off the juice for 2 years now and its worse than ever....dont have the padding that some test and maybe a dbol would offer to get through my workouts.

i went from repping 120lb dumbells for incline and military presses to struggling with 60s in intense pain.

honestly i think the only option for me at this point is to go on a light test cycle, with some deca and maybe a kick start with dbol....try to retain some water to pad my joints. high reps only...light to mid weight...

docs say there is no cure or treatment and im looking at a shoulder replacement....scary shit and essentially the end of me lifting...might as well shoot me in the head.

one stupid moment of anger pretty much fucked up my life

i have a re occuring tendonitus issue in my shoulder that totally fucks up my training ( and my head ) , i know your condition is different bro but i think the approach to continue with your training could be same.

I dont know if physio and/or accupuncture would help you - but deffo worth a try, "recovery" / PED's ...HGH ,Tb-500 along with a light cycle of test/deca.

Try 5 x 15 in the gym and try all variations ,bar, db's and machines to find out exactly what you need to limit yourself to.
for the past 5 weeks i have only been able to used chest press machine...its no fun sitting in that fucker for 30 - 45 minutes ,but its the only way i can hit chest at the moment EVERYTHING else is out of the question.

the bottom line is ...dont give up at this stage bro , i'm just about the same age as you and us old injured fuckers gotta work smarter not harder. :)

good luck !

seems like you understand what happened. the dislocated shoulder never got fixed (thank your doctor for that) and then the body decided to heal itself which is why you got all the arthritis and inflammation. however even pro sport docs fuck up surgeries (see grant hill and his 3 knee operations and his 12M a year for sitting on the bench with the Magic) so maybe it was a blessing not to have surgery? we will never know.

all those pain killers and cortisone shots you took made you feel better THAT DAY OR WEEK but in the long run only fucked u up more.

only thing you can do is lift light and avoid exercises that hurt.. and then use your experience to keep others from making the same stupid mistakes you made.

gonna take time for you to learn to leave the ego at the door

just to let you know I used to be an endurance athlete, hard to believe if you look at my pic but I was.. fucked up my legs running but listened to the wrong people (including docs) and ran through them. caused me to end my career because i got tired of being in pain all the time and luckily refused to take PK's for them. but trust me i took everything else i could to get out there on the track. had MRI's done, took traumeel, did massage, acupuncture.. the smart people told me to stop, the pricks who didn't care told me to keep running.

all that caused me to get into bodybuilding which might have been a blessing in disguise cause I love this lifestyle. so don't give up

Last edited:
large doses vitamin C, lysine, chondroiton sulfate and boron. Do some googling on them and arthritis.

Injuries often dont heal properly because of nutritional deficiencies and overuse. Permanent damage occurs but damage/pain can be reduced even if not fully reversed.

I am still following that dosing protocol you gave me zyg...cracked open my second bottle of 1g vit c today....6g ED , l-lysine at 3g ED ,proline @ 3g.

large doses vitamin C, lysine, chondroiton sulfate and boron. Do some googling on them and arthritis.

Injuries often dont heal properly because of nutritional deficiencies and overuse. Permanent damage occurs but damage/pain can be reduced even if not fully reversed.

Hey Zyg;

Can degenerated discs be reversed?

Hey Zyg;

Can degenerated discs be reversed?

They say "no" but then again they also say mumps, measles, parvo, rabies, encephalitis and a whole slew of other viruses/diseases are incurable but papers from a few docs like Klenner, Cathcart etc have proved quite the opposite and can be cured with IV/IM vitamin C in high enough doses for a long enough period.

I think under optimal circumstances it can be reversed BUT there are a lot of variables. Duration of injury being an important one. The body strives for optimal and when not attainable it does what it can to survive.

I havent done extensive research on the subject but I would bet its certainly possible and here is why I say that.

Heart disease has been clearly shown to largely be a side effect of a vit C deficiency and when ample vit C is not available the body is forced to deal with the shortage and repair the arterial damage by what ever means it can. This usually involves cholesterol and more specifically lipoprotien A which binds to the damage in the arteries as a quick fix. In a perfect world this is short terms and the damage is repaired by ample vit C and collagen. However in a deficient state the repair just collects more cholesterol etc and grows over time turning into a blockage.

What happens to collagen based structures in the body in the absence of ample vit C is well documented (but largely ignored) and when deficient collagen structures become weak they are more prone to injury. This is likely one reason for disc/tendon/ligament injuries in the first place.

If heart disease can be reversed with ample building blocks then I would assume other collagen based injuries can as well (I will have to look into this more when I have time). The big difference between arterial damage and joint damage (ie disc, cartilage etc) is that there are other forces at work in the joints. When a disc or cartilage gets damaged the bodies first goal is to repair it BUT what if the materials arent available? If lets say the cartilage is all wore down and there is laxity in the joint the body will seek to remedy that, often by building up calcium in its place, often referred to arthritis. Once this happens the damage is extremely hard or impossible to reverse.

If the remodeling of the damaged area hasnt progressed too far, with enough vit C for a long enough period of time recovery should be possible.

Keep in mind however that "enough vitamin C" can be a HELL OF A LOT! Vitamin C is a super powerful anti toxin and anti viral and when you take it it not only is directly used for tissue repair but it also donates electrons to the immune system. So, lets say you have a root canal and a mouth full of fillings. This in and of itself MAY put enough of a demand on your immune system that you simply cant consume enough vit C to overcome it, if thats the case your likely not going to realize proper healing.

Many proponents of vit C consumption actually recommend not a specific dose, but taking as much as you can daily without diarrhea. FOr some this may be 1gm and for other 100gm. Generally speaking, the more you need, the more you can take without getting diarrhea.

On an aside, since vit C boosts immune system and is such a powerful anti viral/toxin, consuming large amounts of vitamin C can actually cause a herxheimer reaction. In short thats where it forces toxins out of tissues for removal and it overwhelmes your bodies ability to actually remove the toxins resulting in cold/flue like symptoms, brain fog, head/body aches etc.

Top Bottom