Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training ideas for a Soldier deployed???

txarmyguy23

Well I'm back again, we have a FUll size gym now but I'm looking for some ideas on all around training for lean gains. We have dumbells, barbells, squat racks, and plenty of cardio equipement and thats about it

Problems:Lack of Food to pack on weight, High heat keeps me dehydrated no matter how much water I can get. Leaving out on missions for 2-6days at a time now

Pro's:Still just enough winter fat to make the above problems seem like a good time to lean out a bit. Wanting to get in the gym as often as possible.

So with those issues in mind what kind of workouts could yall suggest to add some lean mass and tone up a bit

hmmm...without the extra dietary needs, you probably will have trouble putting mass on. However, you should be able to get shredded. When you are in the field i would be doing pushups, situps, pullups, etc. Easy things to do and wont kill you when you are dehydrated.

cwick0 said:
hmmm...without the extra dietary needs, you probably will have trouble putting mass on. However, you should be able to get shredded. When you are in the field i would be doing pushups, situps, pullups, etc. Easy things to do and wont kill you when you are dehydrated.

Good suggestions. Itll keep you conditioned too for all the endurance activities youll be doing. Without a decent supply of food its not likely youll be able to put on much size. But you should be able to maintain and build more endurance. Welcome to the boards brother!!

IMHO..... considering your overall environment, minimal calories available, the stress of enduring what you are doing....I would keep the workouts brief with moderate intensity and occasional high intensity (aka. going to failure) or "very" brief with high intensity since recuperation, both mental and physical is being compromised by the conditions of your situation. Stay with effiecient, simple, nothing fancy basic big bodypart movements in the moderate to high rep range (8 - 12)...the movements that do the most and work the most muscles in the least amount of time: Clean and press, power cleans, squats, deads, chins, dips, rows, flat/incline benchwork. Basically do what you would do in a optimum situation only scale the volume and intensity back a few notches and add a little extra recup time.

God bless you bro.

Pump on .....

thanks for the input, I stay pretty active during on missions, humping a ruck up a mountain and doing a bit of mt climbing with it at times is kicking my ass but my strength endurance has gotten better as well as set me up for some toning up...Whenever I actually become a Plat. Member I'll get my post #'s and my Jan01 member since date posted back up :) Just couldn't be the txcollegeguy anymore lol

Well assuming you are in a combat area I would first and foremost make sure that the workouts in no way affect your performance during missions. I mean I would hate to have just killed some squats the day before then go out on a mission and be all dehydrated and hypoglycemic with torn up leg muscles trying to chase a bad guy or run into a position. Gotta keep your priorities straight, you have the rest of your life to get in shape. The idea is to make sure "the rest of your life" represents a good chunk of time, y'hear?

I don't feel like I can give you advice unless you say more about what type of "missions" you go on and just how dangerous they can get. I also understand you may be limited in what you can tell us. So tell us what you can and we'll go from there.

First of all...I'd just like to say THANK YOU for everything that you are doing. Seriously.

You know how to train man...just keep it simple while you are there and work on all the most basic exercises that you can for now.

B True

I'd worry more about endurance and practicing combat techniques for survival than I would putting on mass. Your life should come first.

Top Bottom