Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Hard ... you have to know about the muscles first...

C

Citruscide

Well, ok... at the request of BFold I'm posting up my general scheme of training... no specific exercises, unless people wish me too... as i feel it's just a waste of space.

First, I think it is important to understand how the muscle works. With the help of my roommate, I'm able to describe this better.

The muscle is made up of different fibers... type 1 and type 2... type two contains A, B, and C fibers as well.

Training HEAVY and Low reps will hit the B&C fibers, but will totally neglect the Type 1 and Type 2a fibers... Type 2bc fibers are the biggest and the strongest... so if you are beginning and trying to get size on, lifting heavy will throw some size on you.

Training for higher reps, with not as high a weight, will hit your Type 1 and 2a fibers... this will add some size to you, especially if you are a powerlifter and aren't used to the whole "High Rep" game. These fibers are smaller, but if you don't hit them often, then you are missing out on some added size.

Many people feel that if they train a certain body part twice a week, one day heavy and the next for high rep... they will get the double advantage... however, this is not true.

By training the different muscle fibers on different days of the same week, you aren't giving them adequate enough time to adjust and recouperate to the training... a month to month variety should be used. Such as, Heavy training one month, and then high rep training the next.

With this method of training, I think you can maximize the total efficency of your training to get your size and strength to the higher potential that simply working one set of the fibers.

C-ditty

Ok...yes...I'd like you to be as specific as possible to what you are going to do...

B True

Ok BFold...

I'm currently in my Strong phase. Meaning, I'm working on my 2b&c muscle fibers...

Back:

2 sets Pullups -- warmup
5 sets dumbbell rows -- 2 warmups/3 torture sets
3 sets barbell rows -- 1 warmup/2 torture sets
3 sets LOW Rows -- 1 warmup/2 torture

-------------------
Chest

Flat Dumbbell/Flat Bench (alternate) -- 5 sets (2 warmup/3 torture)
Incline DB -- 3 sets (1warmup/2 torture)
Dips -- 3 sets (1 warmup/2 torture with weight)
----------------------------------------------------------

Legs -- can't do Theighs for another week... currently doing
6 sets Stiffy deadlifts (4 torture) and 4 leg curls for hammies
----------------------------------------------------------
Shoulders --
Hang Cleans -- 5 sets (3 torture, 2 warms)
Rear Delt -- 3 sets (1 torture)
Front press -- 3 sets (2 torture)
----------------------------------------
Bi's
Straight bar curls -- 3 sets (2 warms/1 torture)
Dumbbell curls (standing) -- 3 sets (1 warm/2torture)
concentration curls -- 2 sets both torture
hammer curls -- 2 sets both torture
-------------------------------------------
Tris
5 sets Skull Crushers -- 2 warms/3 tort
3 sets of Kickbacks -- hell
3 sets close grip bench press -- 1 warm/2 torture
--------------------------------
traps -- 6 sets shrugs (side/front super)
--------------
calves 6 sets high rep (I have 18" calves already)
--------------------

Well, that is a cursory outlook on my workout... might be missing something in there

A TORTURE set, is a workset, but it doesn't sound painful enough... as I am spilling out my guys on the gym floor... so I have dubbed them TORTURE sets... to positive failure... where not only can I not do another rep, but I cna't breathe either.

C-ditty

Top Bottom