Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training in the gym for strongman

Luke Whippo

Thursday 5/20/04
I went to the gym to train today because it looked like it was going to storm.
There is a sportsplex next to my job and I don't have a rack at my house.
I did some lockouts in the powerrack I've been doing them on the 13th hole in the rack and I've been doing over 700lbs. for time holds approx.30sec. I feel the holds build good stabalizer strenght for yoke. Today I decided to set the pins on the 12th hole for more of a lockout I loaded the bar to 600lbs. and I noticed that a girl was showing a guy and a girl around the gym I guess there were possible clients and as she was going to exit them out the door I was getting under the bar all three of them stopped where they were at and watched. I lfted the weight with ease and I could feel the ends wabble I stood there with the bar on my back for about 40sec. and put it back (it was very easy) I noticed the girl still looking for a sec. then exited the couple out. I thought this was cool because somepeople actually stopped in there tracks to watch me lift something I mean 600lbs. lockouts are nothing but I'm not a big guy and I look small compared to that weight at least I think so maybe she was thinking to herself he's going to lift that,what, anyway it made me feel good. I did three more sets like that the last set I held for 1 min.

Try walking back and forth in the rack with the weight to help with the Yoke.

B True

Top Bottom