Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training bodyparts 2x a week

clericT

I was wondering what a good workout schedule would be for this. I'm not getting to much out of training everything once a week, so what would be a good program for twice a week. I was thinking Mon/Thurs: Chest, Shoudlers, Abs.... Tues/Friday: Legs, Biceps, Abs.... Wednesday/Saturday: Back, Triceps, Abs. I think it's weird training Biceps with Legs but I don't want to overdue my other workouts. If someone has a better suggestion, lets's hear it.

This is something fairly pertinent that you should read and this is why there is no optimal split or schedule that one can provide suffice to say that training a bodypart 1x per week runs headlong into a detraining effect and is suboptimal: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4776914&postcount=386

This is a table of contents with a fairly generic and very effective mass building program laid out along with a ton of other linked info: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375215&page=1&pp=20

Right now I'm training each body part every 4 days and having pretty good results despite cutting.

Mon: Chest, Delts, Triceps, Lower Abs
Wed: Quads, Back, Biceps, Calves, Upper Abs
Fri: Chest, Delts, Triceps, Lower Abs

Then I start on Monday w/ the quads/back routine. On weeks where I'm doing the quad/back routine twice a week I work in deadlifts or SLDLs on the 2nd workout rather than the squats again.

I'm trying out hitting each bodypart twice per week, after about 5 years of using HIT.

Right now it's working great (been doing it for two weeks).

I am rotating 8 key movemens and trying to adjust my body to complete 3-5 sets of each all in one week:

Squats - Thighs, Lower Back

Deadlifts - Entire body!

Weighted:

Chinups - Lats, biceps

Dips - Chest, Front Delts, Tris

Standing Military (push press) - Delts, Triceps, Traps

Barbel Row (Yates style) - Entire Back

Cross Bench Dumbel Pullover - Lats & Pecs

Low incline Bench press - Pecs, Front Delts, Triceps

(calves are done seated and straight legged once each per week)

The above routine hits most muscles from at least two angles on seperate days.

check out westside barbell:

Mon:ME squat/deadlift
wed:ME Bench
Fri: DE Squat/deadlift
Sun:DE Bench

bench days: chest, tri's, lats, shoulders, abs
squat/deadlift days: legs, lower, bi's, and abs

Top Bottom