Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Board Monthly PR post

needsize said:
benched 325lbs for a set of 5 yesterday, personal best but my rotator cuff is officially cooked, time to drop the weight and go higher rep

you need to rehab it and then strengthen it.

good day yesterday. I'm following a 5x5 workout base on the bench, squat, and deadlift. On squat day I also powerclean and I powerered up 235 and could have gone 240. It's funny, I can powerclean 240, yet only squat 300, bench 240, and deadlift 350. Strange proportion indeed.:confused:

supersizeme said:
had a really good heavy stiff legged deadlift day last friday. i had been stuck at 315 for sets of 5, 5, and then 4 for the past five workouts. friday i pulled 325 for sets of 5, 5, and 5. it felt great, although i have to use straps to get that. i alternate light and heavy weeks for deadlifts and ditch the straps on the light days. last week's light dl day i pulled 235 for 10, 10, and 8 before the grip gave out. this week i'm going for 245 for 10, 10, and 8. this is at 5'10" 177lbs and 10-11% bf with shit for strength.

did not get what i wanted, but still hit a pr for sl dl's with no straps. got 245 for 10,9,7 before the grip gave out. unfortunately now my hands are completely tender and it's back day :/ pullups and rows are gonna hurrrrrrt.

b fold the truth said:
I've been reading this for motivation...

B True

Well, after seeing your deadlift video from nationals yesterday I was motivated and went to the gym and set a PR for myself..

I just started DLs a couple months ago because of this board, but I did 315 for 6,6,5. Oh, and that slight dizzyness after a set is a good thing right?

my previous pr was 305 for 4. Soon to be at 400!

Last edited:
grrrah said:

Well, after seeing your deadlift video from nationals yesterday I was motivated and went to the gym and set a PR for myself..

I just started DLs a couple months ago because of this board, but I did 315 for 6,6,5. Oh, and that slight dizzyness after a set is a good thing right?

my previous pr was 305 for 4. Soon to be at 400!

Congrats man. My deadlift form was horrible on that video...lol...but it was balls to the wall. I wish I had not stumbled on the 2nd rep and I think I would have had the time to get a 16th rep. The 15th one wasn't all that rough...I just ran out of time.

Also, what that video doesn't show is me hugging the guy behind me after the set...or I would have fallen:) Or...me puking a few minutes later...lol

B True

B, you're actually my motivation on the deadlift as well. Everytime I hit a new pr, I come here thinking I'm king of the world, and find that where I added 20lbs to my previous best, you just added 50.....

needsize said:
B, you're actually my motivation on the deadlift as well. Everytime I hit a new pr, I come here thinking I'm king of the world, and find that where I added 20lbs to my previous best, you just added 50.....

Same here.. Everytime I come here and read B Folds post and see the pics and videos he put up it just gets me into the mentalilty I need to set new PRs... Thanks B, you've really been a huge inspiration to me since I started WSB training.....

skaman607 said:
I just got a pr on the deadlift, (don't laugh) 180.

Good Job Skaman... It's safe to say that no one on here will ever laugh at you for what you lift.. Well unless you post a PR Dead of 1200 Pounds, then ya might get a chuckle or two..lol Thats what I love about the guys(and Gals) here...They always step up to offer much needed enouragement and support....

Top Bottom