Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training after sleepless night

Ptoy

Is it ok to train after not sleeping at all at night? Sometimes I get a lot of work to be done, so I stay up all night to finish everything. Still I find time for training, and train EOD for sure. So is it ok to train if you did not sleep the night before that?

Personally, I would not train. First of all, your body would feel pretty much all beaten up, and the results from training would not be as good. Secondly, when you don't sleep your focus suffers, and it could be troublesome, or even dangerous in the gym. So better get some sleep, instead of training.

Thanks guys. I don't want to make a habit out of it - I am not enjoying this kind of situations, but don't want to lose training sessions either.

I would still train. Listen to your body and be very careful when doing heavy squats, deadlifts etc. as you don't want to hurt yourself but the body is capable of a lot more then we give it credit. Navy seals go days without sleeping and still do their daily training.

Hit it hard, but also be smart.

Muskate said it best........listen to your body. If it is only once in a while then I would say tough it out and maybe drink some coffee. As long as you aren't doing it all the time it should be no problem.

Top Bottom