Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training for abdominals

Axel5

I was wondering if abs can be work out every day since it is the hardest part to lose body fat and also the hardest muscle to develop, some know at the gym said they need the same recovery time as any other muscle group in your body but I see people at the gym doing abs machines and crunches everyday, thank you for clear this out for me .

In my opinion the average person doesn't work their abdominals nearly enough. That being said your abs like all muscles do need recovery time. Try not to concentrate on what others are doing and focus on what works for you. It takes a lot to fully develop your abs and it takes a clean diet to really show them!

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Your abdominals are an endurance muscle and have a very fast recovery ability but they are still a muscle and shouldn't be trained every day. I recommend training abs every other day or three days per week.

Train them hard, then allow them to rest and recover, then hit them hard again.

Ab crunches and machines are good ab exercises but don't forget your transverse abdominals.

Check out this video I made on how to perform stomach vacuums - https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...acuums-train-transverse-abdominals-44951.html

The abdominals are comprised of two sets of muscles. The rectus abdominals (which is the 8 pack that most people associate with abs) and the transverse abdominals (which is almost like your body's internal seat belt). The transverse abdominals role is to keep your stomach tight and keep your organs in place.

Exercises like sit ups, crunches, leg raises etc. train the rectus abdominals. The only exercises that train the transverse abdominals are stomach vacuums and planks.

you cannot work out your abs to lose body fat there.

with males the stomach is usually the last place we store excess fat. so the only way you can get rid of that fat is by reducing your total body fat. it isn't easy especially as you get older.

I don't work abs more than 1-2 times per week just like every other muscle.

With abs it really comes down to having a low body fat. That is truly how you will see them.

Top Bottom