Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training 2x a day

spacial67

If you had the schedule and energy to be able to do 2x a day training sessions would you ? I have been thinking about doing this as i want to get in really good shape and am motivated to pursue a heavy work load! Whats your thoughts?

if you know how to properly train you don't need to workout more than once a day PERIOD

Technically Steve is correct. Back when I wanted less I did a great deal of reading of some of science. So I read up on Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty training, rest pause reps and so on.

You select the hardest compound exercises and work them into the ground (from the HardGainer books). So chins, deadlifts and rows for back and so on. Train three times a week max and keep the rest as short as possible. Throw in forced reps and you can seriously fuck yourself up in under three hours a week. Five at the most

However, we tend to want more and or don't like just how brutal this style of training can be. I train for strength and so my rest between sets are longer. I can and will (more so in this last week of prep) train 2x a day (I'm gonna do so today).

In pro-level bodybuilders, with superior genetics and having NOTHING else to do but train we occasionally see 2x a day sessions. However, it's rarer than it used to be. And, in the odd few, it's usually like one large muscle in one session and one small one. So back in one (brutal) and biceps in another (not so much).

^^ i agree. it isn't a simple black and white thing at all

i will say this though when i answer a post I am thinking about the 98% of us who are normal joes who have jobs, families, and responsibility. someone who got a trust fund and has nothing to do all day can workout all they want and just live at the gym

98% of people train like pussies. Heck, as hard as I can go I don't go as hard as I might often enough. I'm sure Steve and myself have, from time to time, laid on the gym floor 'in bits'. I've yet to puke but I have had to grab a-hold of a nearby upright to stop myself crashing into the floor lol. But not every session.

I've seen guys leg press while using a phone FFS. Get the f**k out of my gym lol

If you had the schedule and energy to be able to do 2x a day training sessions would you ? I have been thinking about doing this as i want to get in really good shape and am motivated to pursue a heavy work load! Whats your thoughts?

You gonna try it?

You can train twice per day, but you need to make sure your recovery and nutrition is 100% on point. It's VERY easy to over train when training twice per day. The average person with a 9-5 job, family, kids etc. wouldn't be able to do it.

I personally only train once per day. I have a lot of other prioritizes that take the rest of my time during the day. I am of the opinion that if you train properly, one workout per day is all that is needed.

Top Bottom