Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training for 2 hours in the gym each time

abigale

I'm trying to lose weight as fast as I can , right now I'm spending two hours at the gym, one hour of cardio and one hour of lifting each and every day, I don't really take too many breaks while I work out, some people tell me that's over training , do you think two hours of intensive cardio and lifting is too much?

75-90 minutes per workout is a good number. If you add in cardio after your workout, your workouts could easily take 2-2.5 hours.

The media likes to set unrealistic time goals for workouts to sell magazines. When it really comes down to it, any pro bodybuilder or professional athlete is training at least 75 minutes per day. Some bodybuilders train even twice per day. That's not realistic for someone with a full time job but that's the reality.

People are so scared to work hard now a days. If someone trains longer then 45 minutes they think they are over training and going to die.

They should be more scared of UNDER training then over training. The body is an amazing specimen. It can accomplish a lot more then we give it credit.

I don't see an issue if you are recovering fine. Just make sure to listen to your body and fuel it properly. You may need an extra day off here and there. Make sure you take it if you need it. Don't feel like you will not make progress by resting.

Diet is very important too. Since you are training so hard do not be afraid of carbs and calories. As long as you are in a deficit you will see progress.

that is some dedication. i would say what kind of cardio you are doing. 1 hour of intense cardio like jogging is too much, your legs will break down

but if you are talking about walking 1 hour or doing the elliptical then that isn't a big deal. if you like to jog do 20-30 minutes a day only, don't over do it and you better make sure you are investing in quality shoes and running on soft surface

My suggestion would be do cardio in the morning and working out in the evening. This way your body is constantly 'on fire' and burning more calories throughout the day.

Top Bottom