Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trainer in the gym today said 4 sets of 10 reps for mass gains!

FreakMonster

He told me if you want to put on some serious size I should be doing heavy weight for 4 sets of 10 reps and increasing my weight every week. Any of you guys do this?

i wonder how big the guy who told you that is.
4x10 is ok and all, but i dont think there is a set and rep scheme that is best for putting on mass. everyone is different has different genetics. i rarely count my reps on assistance stuff over 5, i just aim for around 10 reps 12 reps or whatever. the key is to work the friggin muscle. if you water the garden does it not grow?

4x10 is fine, and will build muscle and mass. I did an almost identical routine for about 4 weeks, 4x10 and adding weight every week. By the 4th week I was finishing my sets with 20 more lbs than I started.

Anyone who says high reps won't do much for you needs to call Arnold and argue that with him...

Josh

I really think that a decent mass program should have heavy sets of 4-6 reps in it too

hey needsize, i just realized something, in your avatar you look a hell of a lot like a guy i go to school with...

ffknight84 said:
hey needsize, i just realized something, in your avatar you look a hell of a lot like a guy i go to school with...

no way he has my winning smile...or stands as crooked as me when posing... Did you see the full sized one in my 10 weeks out thread, do I look like him in that one?

Top Bottom