Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Train twice a day WTF?

endpoint

I have read this twice in one day.

Flex just published an article on it....and charles poliquin mentioned it in one of his old articles.

So what about it?

train one body part twice a day with something like a 6 hour break??????

Dont know if it will=overtraining.

any opinions??????

I haven't seen the article. But I'd would say that if you train the bodypart well in the morning or whatever, I can't really see all that much benefit to training it again 6 hours later. At least not from a strenght stand point. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who does it.

I'd like to hear some opinions on this too.

BUMP

Bump for some real answers (im not flaming anyone)

"Hypertrophy takes a hell of a lot longer than 6 hours, so I think its a bad idea. "-Heavydutyguy

What are you trying to imply?
:confused:

My ideas on training twice a day:
bodybuilding and strength trainning is basically about adaptation. You put your muscle through stress and strain so it grows bigger and stronger to cope with the tasks it has to perform.
You put it through more strain and it has to adapt to that......providing you have the time to recover.
So training twice a day makes the muscle try to adapt to a larger workload.
Maybe with a risk of overtraining

IMO what many people on this board have said, not implied is that in order for a muscle to grow and get stronger, it needs Rest, Time and Food. These are variable depending on Genetics and/or AS enhancement.

The Average BB needs more than a few hours of Time and Rest. More like days.

I know I couldn't handle twice a day workouts at my intensity level. I would need a wheelchair to get to my truck.

??????

The idea isnt to rest the muscle. Its to nail it another time (and from what i have read....the second work out is lighter).
So i dont know why rest would affect it. Thats for the 6 (or how ever many days) your aren't trainning the muscle.
If it was used then im sure you would use it sparingly.

Do any of you work in a blue collar industry????????????
i have to lift shit all day long. at first i struggled with small things. The more i lifted them throughout the day the stronger i got the more weight i could handle the bigger i got. In weeks i was gorrila pressing things i would have never contimplated lifting.

I DIDNT LIFT ONE THING IN 4 LOTS OF 8 like weight training.
I LIFTED ALLLLLLLLL THROUGH OUT A 9 HOUR DAY. and still got stronger.

Can you understand what im getting at????????

the body was designed to adapt.

From my (limited) understanding.....strength doesnt grow the same way muscles do. Its not just about hypertrophy and that shit......its a lot more complex than that. If strength was measured by muscle size.....then all the guys at my work would be HUGE! but theyre not Some of the guys can lift twice as much as me...and are nearly 30kg lighter and built like string beans. but because they lift stuff althrough out the day at different times they get stronger

I have been beaten in arm wrestles by a guy whos arms measure 3-4 inchs less than mine.
He is real stringing....not some huge muscular dude........but wait he has strength........and it wasnt from doing the same out boring 4x8-12, 6x6 weight programs.

am i making any sence at all?????????????????
i hope so
If not ill some it up.

Strength building is different to puffing up your muscles to make them look big.

Top Bottom