Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Train biceps every day?

My buddy that I work out with makes my biceps look like a pussy. And thats what he does every morning curls gets his blood goin in the morning. Some one told me they recover in 24hrs so I thought i'd be able to hit'm every morning but I guess every 72hrs including back days.

Excidium28 said:
My buddy that I work out with makes my biceps look like a pussy. And thats what he does every morning curls gets his blood goin in the morning. Some one told me they recover in 24hrs so I thought i'd be able to hit'm every morning but I guess every 72hrs including back days.

Muscle tissue requires a minimum of 48hrs to get a full recovery. If you do more damage it may take longer. All doing curls every day is going to do is sustain higher blood volume in the muscle. Sort of like having a pump all the time. Problem is the eventually the muscel will not be able to repair itself anymore to keep up with the constant onslaught. When that occurs you are going to probably tear the muscle. I sort of do bi's once a week I get enough from back and deads to stimulate nic growth. Now if your friend is doing like 15-20lbs for curls everyday then he isn't causing any real muscle damage. Low weight high reps just move blood through the muscle but don't cause the fiber break down needed to stimulate the growth response. Kind of like riding a bike or doing a light jog to get your blood pumping.

Cheers,
Scotsman

plrpower said:
the real trick to getting big is to do only Biceps one day and bench the next only those two. alternate everday. go to the gym and put 315 on and have some one lift it off your chest. then the next day go to the squat rack and do curls. lots of beer , weed and taco bell befor and after workouts.

Do not ever knock taco bell again :D

The muscles need 48 hours to recover. More if more damage is done. I know Scotsman posted that, but just restating. He's also right in having said you'll just be flushing the muscles with blood constantly, giving you a pump.

Your buddy probably has naturally bigger arms anyway, or what bigger before he started doing curls every morning.

You don't need to do more than 3x8 for biceps. They're a small muscle group. 2 sets maximum every other day will do you good, if all you want is to target the biceps. Hammer curls and regular curls will fully target your biceps and forearms somewhat. You might want to change things up for fun and try some drag curls and reverse curls though.

I do not agree with ED for any muscle group ....Especially not for a muscle as small as the bicep. However.....since this is what you are doing I will only comment on what you are currently doing and not on the virtues of muscle recuperation.

If you do 3 x 8 every morning what have you accomplished ??? Unless you try to get 9 and then 10 and then 12 reps OR up the weight and maintain at 8 reps it is redundant. There is no progression. There is no overload. There will be no muscle compensation or muscle adaption to the stress because the stress is status quo.

Pump on ......

I work my bicepts on back days, after im done with back I do 3 work outs for my bicepts 3 sets each, usually burn them out with sweet 21’s.

Top Bottom