Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tracking your workouts

PinkPanther

I am just wondering how many of you do this. I am the only one during my w/o's that I see carrying around a notebook and writing everything down that I do, and I am just wondering how many of you do it. I thought that tracking w/o's would be more of a common thing, but maybe not?? Thanks for any input! :)

PinkPanther

Your gym must be a real creampuff palace.LOL Besides a couple of other people I never notice anyone else at my gym tracking their workouts as well. Not only does it motivate me, but it's also nice to look back in your log and see the progress you've made.

I used to wait until I got home and then tracked my workouts in an Excel spreadsheet I put together. That got to be a hassle, so I walk around with the notebook now. I've noticed more people at the gym doing it.

i have a plan before i get to the gym, an d know exactly what i'm going in to accomplish
besides, i'd probably loose a notebook

Well, I'm glad to know that others do this, too! I think I would forget what I had planned out if I just went in there with it in my head. I also do like to be able to look back and see how I have progressed. I was just looking back to day one of starting and it is amazing at how little weight I was doing! Funny... ;)

I have always used a notebook. I recently decided to make a template on an excel shee for my current program. this way, every exercise is already written down as well as the day and date. All I have to do is print it out and write in the reps and weight ranges I hit. Once I get a good handle on what type of weight I am pulling with each exercise, I will be able to type that into the template also. Now instead of a notebook, all I have is a small sheet of paper to carry around.

lucidBlue said:
I used to wait until I got home and then tracked my workouts in an Excel spreadsheet I put together. That got to be a hassle, so I walk around with the notebook now. I've noticed more people at the gym doing it.
this is what i do.

i tried bringing a notebook my first day, and my friends all made fun of me :)

KillahBee said:
I have always used a notebook. I recently decided to make a template on an excel shee for my current program. this way, every exercise is already written down as well as the day and date. All I have to do is print it out and write in the reps and weight ranges I hit. Once I get a good handle on what type of weight I am pulling with each exercise, I will be able to type that into the template also. Now instead of a notebook, all I have is a small sheet of paper to carry around.

That is a good idea, too. Maybe I will work on one of those...

PinkPanther said:
That is a good idea, too. Maybe I will work on one of those...

it's definitely easier than carrying around a big ass notebook and will make it easier to find past workouts, especially if you bind those sheets when you are done with them. eventually I would like to have a computer program-based tracking system, but that will have to wait. For now I need to write things down as they happen.

So, you just print out a blank sheet, write in what you do, and then put it in a binder? I really like that idea. It seems like my notebook gets all ratted up after so many uses...Thanks for the input! I am going to make one of these for myself!!

:)

Top Bottom