Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tracking your workouts

PinkPanther said:
So, you just print out a blank sheet, write in what you do, and then put it in a binder? I really like that idea. It seems like my notebook gets all ratted up after so many uses...Thanks for the input! I am going to make one of these for myself!!

:)

yeah bro. I am messing around with different ways to store the sheets, and am currently using a binder. I am a pack rat with all bbing related info since knowledge is so damn important in this game. the binder makes it clean and easy to sort through and the sheets are easy to change and to carry. hope it improves your training experience.

made a template on a spreadsheet and printed it out to take to the gym. i'll go back in periodically and plug in numbers from past workouts. makes it easy to track.

need to track what i'm doing week to week with 5x5. i have forgotten from one week to the next what i'm supposed to be doing.

you could try a memo pad, jot down shorthand what exercises you're doing then put the weight right beside, later enter into the computer.

I take notes on a small scrib of paper in my pocket, then put it into a spreadsheet at home. I went through a no-note "intuitive training" period of 3 months recently, and made no progress at all. Back on written training 3 weeks and bench went up 20 pounds same number of reps. It's amazing what a plan and accountability can do.

I use one every day.

Couldn't live without it......I would forget or add 10 lbs instead of 5....stupid shit like that.

Now that I keep an online training journal I record all of my workouts. I just write the reps and sets down on a small piece of paper. I also have a written journal that includes my die and a diet journal I post on here as well. I used to write down key sets only, now everything is recorded. It makes a big difference

WalkingBeast said:
Now that I keep an online training journal I record all of my workouts. I just write the reps and sets down on a small piece of paper. I also have a written journal that includes my die and a diet journal I post on here as well. I used to write down key sets only, now everything is recorded. It makes a big difference

bump.everything is important.i even include how the set 'felt',how i was feeling that day, psychological factors

Thanks for all the posts on this. I am glad to hear that tracking is a more common practice than what I have been seeing. Dorian'sdisciple, I also track how the set felt or if I am not feeling right or have a pain somewhere and the weights aren't quite where they are supposed to be. This way, when I look back, I know what the heck was going on. I too would forget where the heck I'm supposed to be at if I didn't write everything down. I think it would be a lot harder to make progress...for me at least...

PinkPanther

PinkPanther said:
Thanks for all the posts on this. I am glad to hear that tracking is a more common practice than what I have been seeing. Dorian'sdisciple, I also track how the set felt or if I am not feeling right or have a pain somewhere and the weights aren't quite where they are supposed to be. This way, when I look back, I know what the heck was going on. I too would forget where the heck I'm supposed to be at if I didn't write everything down. I think it would be a lot harder to make progress...for me at least...

PinkPanther

Yes. Ill track how I felt, how my injury is healing up, along with bodyweight and many other factors. It can be hell to lose all of your size after an injury or periods of fasting due to unexpected circumstances. But when you can look back in a journal from a few years ago and see how you came through the situation and how long it took, how you were eating etc, itll make it alot easier to get back. Mentally. Its also interesting to see where you were at a few years ago, when you thought you were pretty strong, then compare it to where your at now. I reread my journals all the time for motivation.

Top Bottom