Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Track and field athlets and muscleloss

MrRTTB

Was just wondering how the hell these Athletes can be at that low BF and still now loose lots of muscles when wourking out like they do. They can't be on roids all time. I mean they have to eat something like 8-10000cals per day or more to hold their Bodyweight when working out 20-30 hours per week, maybe more..Anyone know how they do It? How to stay at 6%Bf nd still not loosing muscles, while off roids..? Proteinintake of 10g per lb :) lol

I was on University of Arkansas track team in 1991 and 1992. And yes they have won over 30 National Titles.

True alot of this is due to genetics. But I would attribute it to the types of workouts.

The Long distance runners obviously have no muscle. This is due to extensive overtraining.

The sprinters however do a completely different type of training. The only distance running they do. Is maybe a half of mile to a mile just for a warm up. The rest is bounding, sprinting, lifting, ect... These excersises use fast twitch muscle fibers and not the slow twich which the distance runners use. I believe these excersises cause for muslce growth and not loss.

However, I will say this. Just like bodybuilding - it is an illusion. The sprinters actually look a hell of alot bigger than they really are due to the extremely low body fat. There arms may only be 14 to 15 inches but due to no body fat, they look like 18" arms from a distance. I competed with many atheletes which weighed 140 to 150 lbs. then saw them on a highlight show and thought damn he is fucking big.

Canada's Ben Johnson

Sprinting and weight training definitely compliment each other. Remember Ben Johnson and how big he was? I thought he was a great athlete, regardless of the drugs. He was word class because of his natural sprinting ability, his strength, and because of his start technique. He had an "up then out" of the blocks style that I have seen noone come close to. He was great.

Basically I agree with nautica. When you sprint thought it is very intense and anabolic since it is an anaerobic workout. That's the reason they keep the muscle.

Plus you need to think they have the best trainers and supplements available. if the start to gain fat there trainer notices it and modifies there diet or routines.

Top Bottom