Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

too many wrist injuries

Muscledot

Hi guys, I have working out with discipline for the last 2 years and I have done great progress on muscle mass, the problem is the bigger I get and heavier I lift
the more wrist injuries I'm running into, it's like my body is too strong for my wrist, I was wondering if there any type of work out to maximize my wrist strength

Yes. But buy some wrist WRAPS (not wrist straps). Look at how you're holding the bar (if the bar sits too far back you'll be straining the wrist in a weak position). YouTube how to wear them properly because if you wrap it right it's a LOT better for your wrist.

You can do forward and reverse wrist curls with either a barbell or dumbbell. Google 'forearm leverage work' (too difficult to explain) which will work the sides of the forearm. Also worth a look, both for forearm AND wrist strength is wrist roller work.

You can do exercises for your wrists and forearms in order to strengthen them. Unfortunately, it seems like they are your weak point, so you need to pay a lot of attention to them. It is also a good idea to be gradual when training, and not to put all the weight on them right away.

Are you using wrist straps when doing heavy deadlifts, rows etc?

This is a problem A LOT of guys run into. They use wrist straps for all their heavy back exercises and their wrist/forearm muscles don't get stronger as a result.

You need to stop using all accessory items when training and allow your forearms to strengthen. In the mean time, you could also do things like wrist curls to help your forearm muscles develop.

I would be doing your deadlifts heavy and without any supports like gloves. I would also incorporate some direct forearm training to strengthen grip. If that does not help then you may have an underlying injury.

Top Bottom