Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

tips

pong21

I did a search and nothing came up so here it goes.

On the day that you know you are going for your 1 rep max on bench, what are the common things that you usually do to get yourself ready?

Like from the first thing you do when you wake up to right before you break your bench goal.

Also just general tips on 1 rep max benching are welcomed.

Things that I do while preparing for a meet;

1. Rest the whole week prior to the meet. No weightlifting.
2. Eat extra cabs starting two days before the meet. - depends on when and if you care about weighing in.
3. Meet day, I have a hearty bowl of oatmeal, and bring some granol and aotmeal bars to the meet to munch on.

Here's how I set up on the bench every single time, can increase your max by 20-50lbs....

There are a ton of different way of getting yourself set on a bench. This is waht works for me.
This was taught to me by Mike Miller.

Set-up
1. Lay down on the bench with your head hanging off the bench.
2. Grab the bar with a reverse grip.
3. Position your feet as far back as possible.
4. Work your feet out so your on the balls of your feet.
5. Move your shoulders toward your butt, get into an arch.
6. Plant your traps down.
7. Squeeze your shoulder blades together.
8. Grab the bar index fingers on the ring.

Lifting
1. When the hand off person hands you the bar hold it and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
2. As your bringing the vbar down, elbows in, rip the bar apart.
3. Pause 2 seconds when you touch your body.
4. As you start to press up, try and push your heels down ot the floor. this activates leg drive. (You shouldn;t be able to move your heels if you are in a good position.)
5. As the bar is moving up pop your elbows back and take advantage of your natural groove. (Forget about pressing in a straight line.)
6. Hold it at lockout.
7. Rack.

The trick is doing all this everytime you bench.

Come by trainordie.com 's forum.

What do
"1. Lay down on the bench with your head hanging off the bench.
2. Grab the bar with a reverse grip. "
Do for you?

lavi said:
What do
"1. Lay down on the bench with your head hanging off the bench.
2. Grab the bar with a reverse grip. "
Do for you?

It helps get your feet in the right position.
I have a vid posted oat metalrage.

in prep..i'd take ur best double 2 weeks out and fig the poundage from there..then cut cardio and heavy lifting out 1 1/2-1 week b4..eat plenty of protein (whole food source) ...and rest..get plenty of water and carbs 2 days out..the morn of i eat oatmeal 4 egg omlette and 20 oz protein shake..

Top Bottom