x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

Time to throw out Bill Starr's 5x5 routine.

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Time to throw out Bill Starr's 5x5 routine. within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Background: Bill Starr was a strength coach who wrote a book about 'STRENGTH' training of 'FOOTBALL PLAYERS' in !!!!! 1970's !!!!! Even at that time, it might have not been fully relevant to body builkders. More importantly, research has moved too far since 1970's. It is now out-dated, and plainly wrong. WHAT IS A 'SET'? My first disagreement: By definition, a set is to failure (or when you feel you can't do one more full repetition). If it is not to failure, it is not a set. There are

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pro Bodybuilder

Re: Time to throw out Bill Starr's 5x5 routine.

which mother thread
    the one about df from madcow or the one about singlefactor 5x5 of someone's routine

Re: Time to throw out Bill Starr's 5x5 routine.

This mother thread:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=375215

It contains links to the DF and SF 5x5 so you can see how they're set up. SF is based on supercompensation, which means lifting heavier from week to week and works best for beginners. DF is based on fitness fatigue theory, where you manipulate volume to build up and recover from fatigue whilst increasing the weights, which is slower, but necessary once you've been working out for a year or two and the SF has stopped working.

There are lots of good links from the mother thread. Read until you can't read any more!

All Natural

Alternate your method.

I currently train 6 days a week using max volume, training to failure sets.
    I also alternate to the 5x5 program every 12 weeks.
    They both seem to compliment one another, the 5x5 program seems to give me nice strength increase, which carries over to my 6 days, train to failure program.
    I am 120 kg (264 pounds for you Americans 8)) 11-12% bodyfat. I am natural but do take daily B-12 injections to increase my red blood cell count, as well as anti-estrogents to increase my test levels, and large amounts of creatine 8). I am gaining more than my friends who use steriods, but it could be just the way I train and eat 8).

Cycle your training and eat big.