Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thoughts on lifting belt

chucklettner

[FONT=&quot]Alright guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]First of all I understand that all weight is relative to the lifter, so you will have to bear with my terribly low amounts of weight for my question.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been told by various people that its time to get a belt as im beginning to lift heavy weight. I just started weight training about 5 months ago. I started off not being able to dead a pound over 100, squats were at 95 pounds, and my bench was at 80 pounds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Im currently deadlifting 225, squatting 225 for reps, and my bench is just peaking at 130 pounds. Now i know these are small numbers to all of you guys. But is started off at 130 pounds, 6'3". I was a stick with no muscle. My arms were the same width from my wrists to my shoulders. I'm pushing myself to the limit and beyond, as i was crushed by 235 pounds on the squat bar yesterday three times. Thank god for power racks. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I wanted to know who out there wears a belt, and if its really all its cracked upto be. Also, if you do, which one do you wear and recommend?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks bros![/FONT]

Belts don't do anything in and of themselves, but when worn snuggly, give you added resistance to brace your core muscles against. That means you still actively need to tighten your whole core for it to help. I only use a belt on my heaviest squat and deadlift sets. Don't use them for you all your sets, so you force your core to get stronger

Alright guys,

First of all I understand that all weight is relative to the lifter, so you will have to bear with my terribly low amounts of weight for my question.

I have been told by various people that its time to get a belt as im beginning to lift heavy weight. I just started weight training about 5 months ago. I started off not being able to dead a pound over 100, squats were at 95 pounds, and my bench was at 80 pounds.

Im currently deadlifting 225, squatting 225 for reps, and my bench is just peaking at 130 pounds. Now i know these are small numbers to all of you guys. But is started off at 130 pounds, 6'3". I was a stick with no muscle. My arms were the same width from my wrists to my shoulders. I'm pushing myself to the limit and beyond, as i was crushed by 235 pounds on the squat bar yesterday three times. Thank god for power racks.

I wanted to know who out there wears a belt, and if its really all its cracked upto be. Also, if you do, which one do you wear and recommend?

Thanks bros!

Too much then.

Buy a belt and decide for yourself.

I don't wear belts, straps, wraps, gloves, or take a purse to the gym either

I lift raw because that is what I believe in and these accessories do more harm than good.

the one thing you will see me wear that you can laugh at is a headband because i hate getting sweat in my eyes and up my nose.

I don't wear belts, straps, wraps, gloves, or take a purse to the gym either

I lift raw because that is what I believe in and these accessories do more harm than good.

the one thing you will see me wear that you can laugh at is a headband because i hate getting sweat in my eyes and up my nose.

Very 80's lol.

I only use a strap, as per my log, on the heavy ass hammer dumbbell curls. And a belt on the heavy sets. Today I'm picking up 135+kilos (so about 280lbs) one handed and all I'm wearing is a support belt. No weight belt.

Top Bottom