Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To Those Who Are Interested: My Training History

Burning Rage

Hi,
I'm starting the Size Surge routine. I have just got back into lifting. I've been lifting since I was 10, my brother got me into it. When I started out, I did everything wrong. I didn't have the proper knowledge about recuperation and proper form. When I started I didn't have access to a gym, because I was too young at the time. All I did was bench pressing and barbell curls. I used to do this routine every single day.

Bench Pressing Sets: 12 Reps: 15/12/10/8/6/4/6/8/10/12/15/to failure

Barbell Curls Sets: 12
15/12/10/8/6/4/6/8/10/12/15/to failure

So I would do a full pyramid on my benches and curls, increasing the weight as the reps got lower and decreasing it as the reps got higher. I'd do this every day, until I couldn't do it anymore. At first I got stronger, of course because any beginner will make any kind of gains when they first start out. I got stronger and I got bigger. Plus I ate like a horse, so nutrition wasn't really a problem. I ate good foods. I finally got a gym member ship when I was 12. Then the first book I bought was Joe Weider's Olympia Encyclodpedia. I would also do explosive reps. I'd follow all of the routines that the Mr. Olympias followed. I never made any progress. I got weaker and smaller, but I still continued to follow the routines. Then when I was 13, training almost everyday since I was 10, I messed up my left rotator cuff while doing a heavy set of Behind the Neck Barbell presses. This kept me out of the gym for 2 years. The first day back in the gym, not having any knowledge about adaptation, I messed up my knees by doing ass to the floor squats. This also kept me out of the gym. I used to wrestle and play football and after this injury I couldn't do it anymore. So all of my physical activity was very limited. So I spent 4 years of just reading books and magazines about bodybuilding. I have learned a great deal. Today was my first day back in the gym in 4 years. And I had a great workout. I've decided to do the Size Surge routine. I'm doing a Preconditioning phase now, my routine is as follows.

Mon/Wed/Fri
Squats 2 x 10-12
SLDL 2 x 10-12
Bench Presses 2 x 10-12
Pulldowns 2 x 10-12
Bent Over Barb. Rows 2 x 10-12
Dumbbell Front Presses 2 x 10-12
Dumbbell Upright Rows 2 x10-12
Standing Calf Raise 2 x 15-20
Lying Tris Extension 1 x 10-12
Barbell Curls 1 x 10-12
Crunches 1 x 20-30

So my goal here is just to improve my form and condition my body for intensive training. The only problem I had today was my left rotator cuff. Squatting was easy on my knees. But all pressing movements and upright rows bother my rotator cuff. I don't feel any pain, but I can tell that I've lost flexibility in my left shoulder. I'm just going to try to keep the intensity level low and see what happens.

BASIC STATS: Height: 5'8", Weight 185 Ibs, BF%: 27.1 (which is horrible I know), but I'm working on it. :mix:

Thats great! Glad to hear you are ready to resume your workouts. Thats a pretty hard stretch of luck you have had there on your injurys. Hope everything works out for you. But at least you have learned from it. I figured I would post a reply because nobody else responded to your thread. There are a few assholes on this board who should get a life. But most of the people are knowledgeable and helpful. Keep liftin hard man.

damn you've been lifting since you were 10? wow, i thought my age was young for lifting... 16 :D

~WizKid :kaioken:

Yeah I started Young

Thanks guys for responding. I started really young and I used to get picked on. My brother came home one summer, he was in the Navy then and he took me to a gym. Looking at all the fancy equipment set off a spark in my head. But I was very disappointed when they wouldn't give me a membership, because of my age. So my bro bought me a weight set, (a bench, barbell, dumbbells). That's what I worked on for my first couple years of training. My brother is crazy. He was a state champion wrestler in college. He's a lot older than I. He's 17 years older. He also trained with the SEALs, he passed all of the physical tests, but he couldn't join because his vision isn't 20/20. He said, "As conditioned as I was, BUDs training was one of the hardest challenges I've ever had to face." I'm thinking about joining the military, but not the SEALs. I'm not conditioned like my brother. Thinkin' about joining Marine Recon. Joining Recon won't be easy either, but it's probably easier than the SEALs. Again, thanks for responding. :D

Hi... you posted this thread a long time ago and just wonderd how its going? What kind of condition r u in now? And what training regime your doing?

See, i have similar stats 2 yours now when u posted this in july and would like 2 know what progress you have made in 6 months???

All help and advice welcome.

Thanx.

Top Bottom