Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

thinking about getting a personal trainer......

BeeUnique

I want to get some opinions from some of you guys first.
I have spoke with some clients of the training program at my gym and they say they are great, but how do I really know. I have been watching these clients for months and don't see THAT much difference and I know the trainers put you on supps too (additional $$$) I also think the trainers may be more costly than others??? For example, 13 weeks for around $1200, loosing 9% bf. Does this sound like the norm? Any other insight or questions I should ask would be great. I don't really have the money to waste.....who does!!!

The bros on this board are likely more knowlegeable than any trainer you're going to find, why not pick the brains here first and see what results you can get before dishing out that kind of cash

I would prefer to be my own trainer! I have just hit a long damn plateau!!!
I am eating clean doing what I think is a good routine, but when I had my bf checked 2 wks into my latest routine I gained 2% bf. Now I know the hand held devices aren't too accurate but it was up not down.

I am not new to clean eating and muscle building. It just seems I am not seeing any results anywhere.
Don't know what my body responds well too, cause it isn't responding at all.

Here is a low down:
1500-1800 cals a day....closer to the 1600.
Cho:123
Fat:33.5
Prot:166

Training:
Mon:legs
Tues: shoulders,back, abs + 30 min treadmill (vary the incline, between 3.5-4.0 mph)
Wed: off OR 30 min treadmill (vary the incline, between 3.5-4.0 mph)
Thurs:Chest, abs, Tris + 30 min treadmill (vary the incline, between 3.5-4.0 mph)
Fri: Back, bis, forearms + 30 min treadmill (vary the incline, between 3.5-4.0 mph)
Sat: off OR 30 min treadmill (vary the incline, between 3.5-4.0 mph)
Sun: Off

5'3
145-148
current bf: 24-26%(don't believe the 26%)

and I have been taking Xenadrine for about 3 weeks....NOTHING!

Some trainers are certainly better than others. The ones in my gym - some seem to really know what they are doing, and others seem to go through some cookie-cutter routine that was writen down for them.

My opinion about trainers in general, as with any sort of teacher, is that you will certainly only get out what you put in. The mere fact of having a trainer will NOT do anything.... which is why so many people in the gym don't change. You have to be willing to challenge yourself with the support of a trainer and not expect the trainer to do everything for you.

I think the problem with most trainers is that they are not willing to push people. I think they feel like they are with people who do not want to be pushed, so they get into that kind of mindset and do not push people.

-Fatty

BeeUnique said:
I want to get some opinions from some of you guys first.
I have spoke with some clients of the training program at my gym and they say they are great, but how do I really know. I have been watching these clients for months and don't see THAT much difference and I know the trainers put you on supps too (additional $$$) I also think the trainers may be more costly than others??? For example, 13 weeks for around $1200, loosing 9% bf. Does this sound like the norm? Any other insight or questions I should ask would be great. I don't really have the money to waste.....who does!!!

Bro, I'm certified as a personal trainer right now... I think that there is a few more guys on here who are certs too. All the info that'll you'll get from your own trainer could be found on here; most posters here are more knowledgeable than your average gym trainer.

Save your cash for your protein...

-Ingram

Yeah... there are Many of us that have PT certs... and will give you free advice... Let me look over what you have up there, figure out your stuff and post up a little later.

C-ditty

I'm a certified trainer and I've talked to quite a few people here that know a great deal more than I do. Most good trainers will move on to smaller or more upscale clubs as that's where the money is.

The large chains; 24hr, Bally's and so forth have some really good trainers, but the majority are just avid lifters. Some don't even require their trainers to get certified. Again, I have to stress, there are some really good trainers, just that most of them are garbage in my opinion. Though it doesn't necessarily mean a person is a good trainer or not, I've always respected the trainers that actually look good - I mean, how are you suppose to take advice from people who are overweight and that you never see work out?

The going rate is around $40-$70 bucks an hour. I charge anywhere from $40 to $50, depending on how many "sessions" a person was to purchase. Though certifications are important, I've seen some that aren't certified that are alot better than ones that are. Thus, criteria that I would hold for a trainer would be 1) clients or the trainer themself showing improvement 2) trainer physique 3) how long they've been employed at one place 4) personality - not necessarily in that order. I always think results speak for themselves.

I hired a PT for 10 or so sessions last summer...I saw results...but it wasn't magic--I worked my ass off and tracked my calories, progress, etcetera. In retrospect, he wasn't even that great of a trainer.

In my opinion, if you've hit a plateau and want to mix up your routine, having a good, qualified personal trainer is NOT a bad thing. I realize that there are a lot of bad PT's out there, but that goes for any profession. If money isn't an issue, I say try a few sessions, it just might be a great catalyst for you if you are feeling "stuck" -- just stick to these boards and keep learning too.

Thanks everybody:)
I agree with you Nonerz, the trainers at my gym don't seem like they pay much attention to the clients......maybe that is why I haven't noticed much change in them??
I know I have it in me to really push, just hafta find it!

If you are serious about wanting to achieve your goals, then a personal trainer is without a doubt the perfect solution. They are there to motivate you and work you harder than you probably would on your own!
Check out www. thefitnesssuiteelland .co.uk , we are Yorkshire's premiere personal training facility! :)
Good luck!

Quit spamming you douche bag

Top Bottom