Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there some kind of deadlift suit, and if so how much does it increase deadlift?

I have heard a couple people say they liked pulling in their boss suits. I have also heard some people say they like the metal deadlift suit. These aren't people I know, I have just read comments on the internet. I have used neither so I can't comment personally.

I have used my Frantz poly squat suit to pull sumo and like that. Recently I used my poly squat suit to pull conventional, but I don't think it really gave me anything, it just made it uncomfortable to get to the bar.

I prefer breifs and a singlet, but know a few who still have a Marathon deadlift suit they swear by. The new Metal suits for pulling look promising also. I can't stand to pull in a tight squat suit. I pull conventional and already am strong off the floor-they just round me over at the top.

ThanX DbCooper and DG21! Appreciate the feedback. I havent competed yet, was just curious to know if It might help. Cuz my deadlift has been stuck for a little while. ThanX again guys

it may help you. i wear my squat suit when i pull, its not tight, but I think the straps help me keep my shoulders back.

dg21 said:
I have heard a couple people say they liked pulling in their boss suits. I have also heard some people say they like the metal deadlift suit. These aren't people I know, I have just read comments on the internet. I have used neither so I can't comment personally.

I have used my Frantz poly squat suit to pull sumo and like that. Recently I used my poly squat suit to pull conventional, but I don't think it really gave me anything, it just made it uncomfortable to get to the bar.

ThanX Dg21! Interesting.. I dont use much leg drive when I do deads, so Id probably have the same problem. Probably an issue with my form. Just do what comes naturally. Taught myself basically, you know. ThanX again

For a very long time, I used a Marathon deadlift suit. It did wonders for me! But, Marathon equipment is no longer approved for USAPL lifting, so now I pull in a custom suit by Titan. It works pretty much the same as my old Marathon did.

I know a lot of people who also use their squat suit when they deadlift. The one thing you have to be careful with is to not let the suit pull you forward and lock you into a bad position. You really have to keep those shoulders back.

bigguns15 said:
For a very long time, I used a Marathon deadlift suit. It did wonders for me! But, Marathon equipment is no longer approved for USAPL lifting, so now I pull in a custom suit by Titan. It works pretty much the same as my old Marathon did.

I know a lot of people who also use their squat suit when they deadlift. The one thing you have to be careful with is to not let the suit pull you forward and lock you into a bad position. You really have to keep those shoulders back.

ThanX Bigguns. Sounds like it could help. I dont seem to use my legs much when I do deads. I will have to post a video on here, so you and others can critique my form haha. Hows your training been going? Any competitions coming up? ThanX again :D

Top Bottom