Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there an excersise that can replace skull crushers, elbow pain is intense!!!!

punch

Whats up all. Its odd that my elbows are fine on every other tri movement except skull crushers. This poses a problem in that I contribute much of my tri developement to this movement.

While I do heavy close grip, dips, pushdowns and the like. Is there a movement that can replace my all time favorite???

How do you do skullcrushers? If you use the EZ Curl Bar, try using dumbbells instead, one arm at a time. They feel better for me and I find I can concentrate on my form more.

I already bring the bar slightley behind my head to ease elbow pain. Ive tried dumbells. Dont like it. This may be a tough one to answer.

There is a trick that works if you have elbow pain on skullcrushers - lower the decline bench so that there is very little decline... and do them off the decline bench instead of a flat bench. It only takes a slight decline to take the preassure off the elbows.

SofaGeorge said:
There is a trick that works if you have elbow pain on skullcrushers - lower the decline bench so that there is very little decline... and do them off the decline bench instead of a flat bench. It only takes a slight decline to take the preassure off the elbows.

Does this place additional strain on the shoulders? I recall trying these before and finding it a pain on a nagging shoulder.

i have the same problem bro.

what i found works really well for me is doing them on a low incline (around 25 - 30 degrees) with the EZ bar. like you already do, bring the weight slightly behind the head instead of right to the forehead.

i'll have to give sofa's suggestion a try though. never done them on a decline.

SKULL CRUSHERS SUCK

if they hurt don't do them....I spent a couple years trying to work around the pain in my elbows until on day I learned to bench the right way and threw out the tri extensions and pushdowns. I do close grip board and pin press now, some tate presses and the occasional JM press.

IronLion said:
SKULL CRUSHERS SUCK

if they hurt don't do them....I spent a couple years trying to work around the pain in my elbows until on day I learned to bench the right way and threw out the tri extensions and pushdowns. I do close grip board and pin press now, some tate presses and the occasional JM press.

My thoughts exactly...

B True

Top Bottom