Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are there benefits in doing cardio more than once a day?

Leander

A while back I read an article (Men's Health magazine) that suggested doing cardiovascular more than once a day can provide quicker results in terms of fat loss. They quoted some results from a university study but I don't recall the details at this time.

I have'nt actually seen much on this particular line of thought since I read that article and I was wondering what some of the people here might now about that practice.

Has anyone here ever tried it?

Leander said:
A while back I read an article (Men's Health magazine) that suggested doing cardiovascular more than once a day can provide quicker results in terms of fat loss. They quoted some results from a university study but I don't recall the details at this time.

I have'nt actually seen much on this particular line of thought since I read that article and I was wondering what some of the people here might now about that practice.

Has anyone here ever tried it?

Terrible idea.

YOu get much better results from an hour versus two 30 minute sessions

better results, not true. faster yes, because longer cardio sessions increase cortisol levels more, so you get a higher percentage of loss from fat and LBM.

If you are using cardio as a tool to create more of a caloric deficit 2 cardio sessions is the best. If you have a LOT of bf to lose, 1 long cardio session is better.

FitnessFrk, can you tell me what cortisol is and how it relates to fat loss? Also what does LBM mean? I'm new to a lot of the terminology.

Cornholio, is 45 minutes of steady cardio more or less effective that 20 minutes of hiit cardio?

FitnessFrk, can you tell me what cortisol is and how it relates to fat loss? Also what does LBM mean? I'm new to a lot of the terminology.

Cornholio, is 45 minutes of steady cardio more or less effective than 20 minutes of hiit cardio?

FitnessFrk said:
better results, not true. faster yes, because longer cardio sessions increase cortisol levels more, so you get a higher percentage of loss from fat and LBM.

If you are using cardio as a tool to create more of a caloric deficit 2 cardio sessions is the best. If you have a LOT of bf to lose, 1 long cardio session is better.

I totally disagree.

1 hour of cardio will net you 45 minutes in the zone.

2 30 minute sessions will net you 30 minutes in the zone.

Cortisol increase is a wash. You might have a higher level at the end of the longer session, but you get two spikes on the multi-sessions.

btw - higher cortisol levels have nothing to do with a higher rate of fat loss as you just stated....

So are you saying that you will NOT get better results by doing a longer session????

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I've done a lot of experimenting with dieting, and for my body I found that spllitting my cardio up into at least 2 seesions facilitated much better fat loss. I believe it was because every time you exercise, your metabolism, metabolic rate, whatever, becomes elevated and stays elevated for a while after you train. If you train 2x then you've doubled the amount of time that it stays elevated post workout.
Also, I do my cardio interval style, so I get into the zone pretty quick

needsize said:
I'm going to have to disagree on this one. I've done a lot of experimenting with dieting, and for my body I found that spllitting my cardio up into at least 2 seesions facilitated much better fat loss. I believe it was because every time you exercise, your metabolism, metabolic rate, whatever, becomes elevated and stays elevated for a while after you train. If you train 2x then you've doubled the amount of time that it stays elevated post workout.
Also, I do my cardio interval style, so I get into the zone pretty quick

30+30 does not =60 when it comes to fat loss.

I'll throw up the study when I find it.

I did not mean that increased cortisol leads to higher fat losses.

It's been proven that for maximum fat loss cardio should be performed at 50% of your Vo2Max for 60 minutes. Most people train at too high of an intensity level when doing long cardio sessions which increase cortisol levels. High cortisol levels equates to more muscle catabolism.

For anyone looking to preserve the most LBM and lose body fat diet should take care of 75%, and cardio the remaining 25% to act as a catalyst for fat loss and to create more of a caloric deficit.

Top Bottom