Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are there any alternatives to weight training?

pranav54

Hello guys,

I was over weight and been going to Gym for the past 3 months. I got splendid results. I lost 15 Kilos (33lbs) and I look great. I am a 28 year old guy, I am 6' and 78Kg. this is my first time doing workouts.

After doing weight training for like 7 weeks I started having pain in my right shoulder and wing area (I am right handed). I wont feel any pain while I workout, but only after a day two. My trainer suggested me to stop doing Lat pull down and Front press. Then the pain seemed to stop. Then I started doing push ups regularly and after sometime the pain came back. So I consulted a doctor.

The doctor took some X-Rays and told me that there's a slight bend in my neck (or something like that). He said, if I continue with the weight training the abnormality in my neck will get worse. So he asked me to quit doing weight training. ( I didn't do heavy weights, just light ones and I never over worked any muscles, I was always careful)

Another thing I noticed is that on my right side muscles are unusually more developed than the left The difference is significant in my arms . Further my right shoulder, chest muscles are slightly different in size and shape than my left side. I don't know if it has something to do with my neck problem.

Now that my doctor has asked me to quit doing weight training, I am a bit depressed. Because I always wanted to have a great body and finally I got it after hard work. Now I fear, I might lose it again, since I can't do weight training anymore.

I would like to know, if there are any alternatives to weight training? Can develop muscles in my upper body without weight training? Is there any way?

When you read about my condition, do you have any idea why I have this problem? Or do you have any solution for me?

Right now I am really really depressed because of this problem. Please help. I'd really appreciate any words or advice. Thank you

your doctor is an imbecile. there is no way in hell you should stop weight training.

what you should be doing is learning proper form, dropping the weights down, and if it hurts to do then don't do it. its that simple.

Xrays don't even tell you a thing about what your ligaments and tendons are doing, they just show you bone. again this doctor is an imbecile and you should tell him to get lost. if you are truly concerned about the 'bend in your neck' which sounds like idiocy to me then you should find a quality chiropractor and get his opinion on it. also an ortho doc can take a look at you and quickly tell you what your weaknesses are and correct your form and show you how to stretch and how to improve your weaknesses.

Holy shit this takes the cake....

What he said "stop weight training"

What he meant "get completely out of shape & come to my office so I can throw 100 perscriptions @ you. That summer home don't come cheap now"

Holy shit this takes the cake....

What he said "stop weight training"

What he meant "get completely out of shape & come to my office so I can throw 100 perscriptions @ you. That summer home don't come cheap now"

surprised he didn't give him some oxy and tell him to come back in 2 weeks.

people need to stop listening to much to what these quacks tell them and start using common sense. I can't believe the stuff I read about what a doc recommended.

Proposed new forum on EF:

"Bullllllllllllllshit that doctors tell me"

Don't quit the weight training. Back off on the exercises you believe are aggravating it. The pain in your shoulder is probably from the ligaments and muscles still not supporting the joint properly yet. I have had shoulder problems with pain and clicking and it comes good in time if you be smart and leave your ego at home when choosing how much to lift. I would just take some krill and glucosamine. I take it as a staple and I find it helps. If you find some muscles are out of proportion use dumbbells. As Steve said use a chiropractor I do. You can't train hard and not have a few pains here or there. Listen to your body and react accordingly.

Proposed new forum on EF:

"Bullllllllllllllshit that doctors tell me"

Second this ^^^

Your doctor is a fucking asshole. You have some muscle knots causing referred pain. I have it every week. Likely in the teres major and infraspinatus muscle when you have shoulder pain. Get some deep tissue massage or look for someone who does ART (active release therapy) I have to get this done weekly.

Did I mention your doctor is an asshole and should be run through a wood chipper:mad:

I agree with these comments. Your doc is a bit loose. You can try self massage with a tennis ball on the wall. Lean back on to the wall with the ball between you and the wall over where it hurts making little circles on the tender and tight bits to release some of the fascia/muscle tension. The pain/tightness & knots are a sign of poor tissue quality. You can fix it and do self maintenance as required.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

your doctor is an imbecile. there is no way in hell you should stop weight training.

what you should be doing is learning proper form, dropping the weights down, and if it hurts to do then don't do it. its that simple.

Xrays don't even tell you a thing about what your ligaments and tendons are doing, they just show you bone. again this doctor is an imbecile and you should tell him to get lost. if you are truly concerned about the 'bend in your neck' which sounds like idiocy to me then you should find a quality chiropractor and get his opinion on it. also an ortho doc can take a look at you and quickly tell you what your weaknesses are and correct your form and show you how to stretch and how to improve your weaknesses.

Ahah. Always fun when you give an answer!!

Sent from my LG-E971 using EliteFitness

let me repeat!!

your doc is an asshole!

another reason why I tell guys to always get more than 1 opinion. my X's grandma had a growth in her mouth. she went to several docs and they said it was nothing. she insisted it was something, finally the 4th doc did a biopsy and it was cancer! she would of died if she listened to the first 3 docs cause they insisted it was nothing

unfortunately the best docs out there are usually booked up for months and months.. I went to an ortho recently and it was a 3 hour wait WITH an apt and the only reason I got in was because he was a friend of a friend. the great docs are known and it darn near impossible to see them..

just imagine taking your car in to the mechanic.. you have 10 mechanics to choose from. 5 of them suck, 3 of them are good but they charge you a fortune and rip you off, 1 is good but is slow as hell to fix your car and you have to leave it in for 2 weeks.. and 1 if you are lucky is good, honest and will do the job quickly and have you back on the road.

Top Bottom