Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Theoretically, if you you can bench lets say 300 #'s but

bigcountry61 said:
when I go for 405 or more, I have a spotter stay wit the fullrange of motion. but only help meif I get stuck. sometimes he helps me out a lil when I go over 4 reps. Does this mean I cant bench 405+ for reps? some people like a sense of security. also a spottter gives u a placebo efect
I would say if you could bench 405 once completely by yourself and lock it out ALL by yourself with nobody even touching the bar of course. You could claim you can bench 405. Once would be your max If you can do it more than once completely by yourself then you probably could bench more than 405 as a max.

But if you are using a spotter to help you to lock out from the beginning I would say no you could not. Sounds like you can.

CO B-man said:
then you loaded your bar with 350#'s and did a set of ten WITH A SPOTTER. Do you claim that you can bench #350 #'s?

I dont.

I think this is the same theory as Dj is talking about with his bounce theory. Even though he lacked tact and called 99% of the lifters assholes and only 1% are of the elite in his book. I understand his theory and strive to always use smooth constant motion and if I am bouncing at the end where I am using the heaviest of weights I am using gravity as a "Spotter"

Equipoise
Deca
Test There I mentioned sterroids!
ya I love them guys that bounce the weight of there just like its a trampoline
lol that shit looks so funny.

CO B-man said:
I would say if you could bench 405 once completely by yourself and lock it out ALL by yourself with nobody even touching the bar of course. You could claim you can bench 405. Once would be your max If you can do it more than once completely by yourself then you probably could bench more than 405 as a max.
But if you are using a spotter to help you to lock out from the beginning I would say no you could not. Sounds like you can.

For me, if i can double a certain weight I'm benching, then I usually can add another 10lbs. to that particular poundage and get it for a single. That seems to be a good formula for me, but everyone is different.

growthspurt said:
For me, if i can double a certain weight I'm benching, then I usually can add another 10lbs. to that particular poundage and get it for a single. That seems to be a good formula for me, but everyone is different.
Yeah thats my formula too! Works good

Top Bottom