Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Texas method

oso0960

So I've been trying the texas method stated in Practical programming and has worked for 3 weeks so far. I was wondering since the middle day is supposed to be a light day that doesn't interfere with the homeostatic disruption, it probably wouldn't be good to add deadlifts then?

Glancing at the Texas Method in Practicle Programming, it mentions that the weights used on friday are the heaviest of the week (using high intensity and low reps/volume). I would do my deads on friday personally.

after speaking to rippetoe over the phone, i did a write-up of it out here: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545150

i dont quite understand ur question.

u can have deads either on wednesday or friday. by light doesnt mean having to train using light weights. that only applies to squats. ideally, u can choose any 3 lifts and stagger them over the whole week.

i have personally dropped deads for the time being because i did DC Training for 14 weeks and that has fried my motor pathways....but thats another story. the point is that u can have deads either on wednesday or friday.

Example of why there's so few nerd powerlifting champions ^^^^^.
I jest of course, and wish you the best with your training progress. :)

Powerbuilder333 said:
Example of why there's so few nerd powerlifting champions ^^^^^.
I jest of course, and wish you the best with your training progress. :)

im not sure whether ur making fun of me or not. if u are making fun of me, i could care less. i set up a thread which the great man liked and i also have been doing the program for the last 15 weeks with great progress (thanks to Ripps advice). u want to call me a powerlifting nerd (335-225-385) then please be my guest. it wont change my progress or my gains one bit.

Texas Method??
I always thought it was wake up with a hangover, start chewin, walk out of the trailer, go bench someones stolen axel off their car and get your protein from some beef jerky, and down it with some Budweiser if its spicy- Stolen Budweiser

deathdroprob said:
Texas Method??
I always thought it was wake up with a hangover, start chewin, walk out of the trailer, go bench someones stolen axel off their car and get your protein from some beef jerky, and down it with some Budweiser if its spicy- Stolen Budweiser

Go back to benchin' the roo's you damn aussie :p. Everyone 'knows' we ride horses to the gym 'round here.

haha, I want to go to America and see if Texas is actaully like I see on TV. Trailer Park Boys puts me off doing this though

Top Bottom